Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just wondering if this update is available for the HD7 yet... or if it's my carrier who's holding it back... ??

Cheers. :)
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

I have an HD7 on Bell and I haven't gotten it either.

I've got a horrible feeling HTC might not release it...

I thought that too, but remember HTC said that every Windows Phone HTC device will get update 7.8, so it only makes sense that every device would get a minor update like Tango right? Then again my HD7 is still running 8107.

I have unbranded HD7 and successfully upgraded to 8773 a few days ago.

Update went (twice) from 8107, to 8112, then right away another update to 8773.

I use the usual Zune trick. The trick for me is just to try several times and
    also try 1 second first. If it doesn't work try 2 seconds before unplugging internet,
    if still doesn't work, then try 3 seconds. Try each a couple of times, because
    you usually won't get it the first time.

Update went smooth. No problem, the only issue I have is that I failed to see
    what the upgrade is all about? I don't notice any difference. I'm sure there are,
    but I just don't see it. No new features, no improvements..

Very strange upgrade for me... You're not missing a lot for not upgrading I guess.
    I might be wrong (I hope), but that's how I feel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was hoping battery will improve (because this is the only problem I have with HD7),
    but I don't think it's the case. Let's see several more days, hopefully the
    battery does improve.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rabit1 View Post
    I have unbranded HD7 and successfully upgraded to 8773 a few days ago.

Update went (twice) from 8107, to 8112, then right away another update to 8773.

I use the usual Zune trick. The trick for me is just to try several times and
    also try 1 second first. If it doesn't work try 2 seconds before unplugging internet,
    if still doesn't work, then try 3 seconds. Try each a couple of times, because
    you usually won't get it the first time.

Update went smooth. No problem, the only issue I have is that I failed to see
    what the upgrade is all about? I don't notice any difference. I'm sure there are,
    but I just don't see it. No new features, no improvements..

Very strange upgrade for me... You're not missing a lot for not upgrading I guess.
    I might be wrong (I hope), but that's how I feel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was hoping battery will improve (because this is the only problem I have with HD7),
    but I don't think it's the case. Let's see several more days, hopefully the
    battery does improve.
    biggest change is you can now send more than 1 picture in a mms, you can send videos and voice mms now.

Quote Originally Posted by iop777 View Post
    I thought that too, but remember HTC said that every Windows Phone HTC device will get update 7.8, so it only makes sense that every device would get a minor update like Tango right? Then again my HD7 is still running 8107.
    You're right, HTC has released the update for the HD7 and a Firmware update aswell. But so far Bell has not commited to releaseing those updates to their customers.
    I got tired of waiting and downloaded Tango and the Firmware updates from the XDA forums and did the update myself. All has been working well since I updated, no unexpected problems or glitches. And the Firmware update unlocked the Wifi Tethering I had wanted, but Bell refused to give its customers :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey HD7 View Post
    You're right, HTC has released the update for the HD7 and a Firmware update aswell. But so far Bell has not commited to releaseing those updates to their customers.
    I got tired of waiting and downloaded Tango and the Firmware updates from the XDA forums and did the update myself. All has been working well since I updated, no unexpected problems or glitches. And the Firmware update unlocked the Wifi Tethering I had wanted, but Bell refused to give its customers :)
    Hi! I was wondering with your updates on your HD7, do you have the send voice notes as an attachment? Because I have received the update from Bell mobility yesterday but I only have pictures or video as attachment.

Please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by TruPlaya187 View Post
    Hi! I was wondering with your updates on your HD7, do you have the send voice notes as an attachment? Because I have received the update from Bell mobility yesterday but I only have pictures or video as attachment.

Please let me know.
    How'd you get the update from bell? I'm with them and I haven't gotten a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by iop777 View Post
    How'd you get the update from bell? I'm with them and I haven't gotten a thing.
    Hi! I had to do the WiFi trick for the first update 8112. Then I was able to do the 8773. Let me know if it works for you and check to see if you have the attach voice notes in text option. I also I don't have tethering.

Git the update on my UK o2 hd7 tonight.

Still can't send/receive mms :[

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Thanks Snail... now forcing to 7.10.8112.7.

Will check the MMS situation my end and let you know.

Had to do perform a second 'force' - now updating to 8773.

Bit of a bumpy update (couple of errors), but got there in the end. :)

Interesting. I only got 8112, not the 8773 Big Supes seems to have got :(

Will more than likely be why you're experiencing MMS issues. In order to get 8773 (Tango), I had to perform to second 'force update'. If you're not aware of this procedure, try searching for it on the forum or I'll help you when I'm back home.

In short: Connect phone - open Zune - check for update - severe internet connection whilst its checking- repeat until it finds an update - reconnect internet - update.

Just to let anyone interested know, I have a HD7 on O2 in the UK, and it just updated to 8773 without forcing.

It did do some funny things when on the final part of the update (9 of 10 restarting phone) the phone tried to restart about 10 times before it reached the Windows Phone Logo so be patient if it does this for you.

Hope this helps :D

Thanks for the info, Mike.

BTW - a warm welcome to WP Central. :)
    Thanked by:

HD7S on AT&T... no update available doing a regular check or using the wifi trick... tried the trick about 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Glynn View Post
    Just to let anyone interested know, I have a HD7 on O2 in the UK, and it just updated to 8773 without forcing.

It did do some funny things when on the final part of the update (9 of 10 restarting phone) the phone tried to restart about 10 times before it reached the Windows Phone Logo so be patient if it does this for you.

Hope this helps :D
    I also Updated my daughters HTC Radar on O2 as well today, however this phone has been unlocked to any network, so it might not work for everyone.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Yep, the update from Telstra came out 2 days ago. I updated yesterday without any issue.

I'm still having issues receiving MMS's. It says "Get media content now" with some new additional info on file size, but after tapping on it, I still get the IRRITATING *ding* and nothing...

:mad:

Yep, just got the proper update, and mms still doesn't work.

Don't send/receive many of them, but its a really basic part of functionality of a phone these days, so its dire it doesn't work.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    i just got it on my hd7 tmob (I debranded yesterday to european version)

I have some good news and bad regarding the MMS settings on the HD7. The good news is that there is a fix! The 'bad' is: it requires a factory reset to apply the changes.

Just so you know, I have tried this out myself and MMS is now working 100%.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast