Want to do something cool with my old HD7

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have my old HD7 sitting around collecting dust since I upgraded to a Lumia 800 and have been wanting to do something cool with it. I would like some peoples opinions on different ROM's and which are the best and/or easiest to install. I'm a little leery of ROM's after my last foray into them with my Samsung Omnia II on WM6.x. Those ROM's complete garbaged my phone and I had to reinstall the stock ROM due to performance issues. So before I start diving in I could use some insight. Thanks in advance.

Flippzii

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
When you're flash Roms and mods I guarantee you in every single one, it's as much bad things as it's good things...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
There is not much you can do by installing a ROM on a WP7 device. You pretty much get the same experience with the only real advantage being that is it unlocked and you can run homebrew on it. Other than that, there is no point really in doing that, so I am afraid there aren't any crazy exciting things you can do with it. You'd have to get an Android phone for that. :)

Last edited:

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
There is not much you can do by installing a ROM on a WP7 device. You pretty much get the same experience with the only real advantage being that is it unlocked and you can run homebrew on it. Other than that, there is no point really in doing that, so I am afraid there aren't any crazy exciting things you can do with it. You'd have to get an Android phone for that. :)
Well that's not a real option.

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Use it as a phablet... watch Netflix, keep some music on it, or podcasts (cough... Glance and Go Radio), etc. Install a time-lapse photo app and set it up (kickstand!) to record your crazy indoor pet during the day. Use it as a remote for your PC or Xbox, or install an app to use it as a cool numeric keypad or keyboard add-on at your desktop. It is still quite a capable device.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You can install 7.8 Rom on it, I recommend this
HD7 Roms | WP Deepshining

or this
[ROM][24/11] Dynamics v2.0 - Newer WP7.8 and much more - xda-developers

Remember you need to install hspl or rspl first to be able to install the ROM if not you will break your device
[DFT][Updated!#3] HSPL / RSPL for HTC WP7 First Generation - xda-developers

Make sure to read the instructions carefully a few times until you really understand them. Remember that the HD7 is also known as SHUBERT.
Have fun, I have deepshiningv8 Rom in my HD7 and it even has some better features than the current Windows phone 8. I'm not responsible if you brick your phone, so make sure to read everything and search for possible fixes if you brick your device

Here is a video of the other ROM , the Dynamics one
Windows Phone 7.8 on HTC HD7 - YouTube

ZeroGravity003

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
if i were you, i would make an altar for it cause that thing is LEGENDARY :) i love my htc hd7 its the best looking phone i ever had i never get bored of it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss