Mozart never made it to the US...why?

Mr.Moonlight

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Mozart since January, and after having looked at all the WP7 devices offered here in Europe, I settled on the Mozart because I felt it was the highest quality device out there. It looks great, too.

The 8 MP camera with xenon flash, while a bit weak in low lighting conditions, is great outdoors. 16 Gigs of memory, a great looking display and the perfect size made it a no brainer for me.

I can't help but to think that this device would have sold rather well in the States. When I was back there visiting family recently, my brother-in-law showed me his Samsung Focus. Man, it felt so toylike and plasticky compared to the Mozart. I showed him my phone and he even said "Man, if they'd had this over here, I'd have bought one in a heartbeat."

Now, I did feel the Focus' AMOLED display was slightly nicer, but not by much...something you'd really only notice if you'd held the two side by side.

To me, the Mozart is really the Cadillac of first generation WP devices (although the Omnia7 is a close second). It's a shame there's nothing comparable (sizewise) in the next-gen Mango lineup. Here's hoping Nokia will step up with something a bit more "high end" than the Lumia 800 (which is a nice, though). If not, I may just hold onto the Mozart til the next wave of WP phones hit the streets.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the Mozart never made it to the US?

Mr.Moonlight

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Of course, you're right...I guess I should have qualified my statement in saying that it hadn't been picked up by any US carriers. A friend of mine actually has one bought in the US, albeit only with 8 GB memory...I guess the unbranded, unlocked Mozarts are all 8 GB.

It still seems odd that not one US operator picked up the Mozart.

I have a T-Mobile (Germany) model with 16 gigs. I'm on Vodafone, though...(phone wasn't locked to the carrier). I have shown it to about a dozen people who have all picked up their own WP device since playing around with mine. They were all impressed with the OS as well as the quality and design of the phone. Most got themselves a Mozart as well, with a few opting for the Samsung Omnia7 while one guy got the HTC7 Pro 'cause he wanted a physical keypad. They all are loving their phones.

Which goes to show, if people can just bring themselves to actually try out a WP7 device, many will see that it's arguably the best Smartphone OS on the market right now, from a design and "user friendliness" standpoint.

Sadly, most out there are just sheep.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Which goes to show, if people can just bring themselves to actually try out a WP7 device, many will see that it's arguably the best Smartphone OS on the market right now, from a design and "user friendliness" standpoint.

Sadly, most out there are just sheep.

That's the tricky part, trying to persuade the sheep to graze on pastures new.

The grass is certainly greener on this side of the fence as we all know Mr.Moonlight. ;)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The Surround was the US answer to the Mozart. Lower MP camera, and the added slide out speaker, but a solidly built phone otherwise. Although the speaker is a cool feature, I would has gladly traded it for an 1800mAh battery.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923