Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am happy to announce that my HTC One M8 paid successfully with Softcard today at Bartell. It's a little slow, made me and the cashier look at each other, wondering if we both has a defective device :sweaty:

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am happy to announce that my HTC One M8 paid successfully with Softcard today at Bartell. It's a little slow, made me and the cashier look at each other, wondering if we both has a defective device :sweaty:
Used my AX card at Walgreens today. Told the pharmacist it was my 1st time, be patient. There was no delay at all, a one second touch and an immediate validation.
She said I was the 2nd person to use NFC in that area. I went on to brag about the singular code for that transaction with them not even getting to see my "real card."

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just used mine for the first time today. It was very rewarding because getting through all of Softcard's barriers was a huge pain in the ***.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I paid for $1.29 but still have to sign though which sucks and defeat the purpose of this app. Well I was using AX Serve. Is it Softcard or AX fault?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I paid for $1.29 but still have to sign though which sucks and defeat the purpose of this app. Well I was using AX Serve. Is it Softcard or AX fault?
That's weird. I've made three NFC payments so far and haven't been asked to sign once (also using it with American Express Serve).

lowercontrol

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I successfully made a transaction at Panera Bread.... Tried CVS, but it asked to see another form of identification and the clerk was unsure what to do, so I opted to use my card instead.

As for the speed, it was eye-opening fast. I took about 2 seconds upon "tapping" for it to process the transaction and approve the purchase. Not bad!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope that Microsoft develops Wallet to the point where it donesn't need Softcard. A couple days ago I set up a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2, and of course the ISIS app (yes still called ISIS) was installed by default. I disabled it, and then set up Google Wallet for tap to pay. I've used it a couple times already and it works great! I hope that tap to pay becomes carrier indifferent, with the wallet being part of the OS manufacturer. We should be able to take any phone (with NFC), on any carrier, and use tap to pay.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I hope that Microsoft develops Wallet to the point where it donesn't need Softcard. A couple days ago I set up a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2, and of course the ISIS app (yes still called ISIS) was installed by default. I disabled it, and then set up Google Wallet for tap to pay. I've used it a couple times already and it works great! I hope that tap to pay becomes carrier indifferent, with the wallet being part of the OS manufacturer. We should be able to take any phone (with NFC), on any carrier, and use tap to pay.
Yeah. On my old Nexus 5, using Google Wallet was SO simple!

Not to say Softcard didn't feel rewarding in the end, but HOLY CRAP there's so many hoops to jump through!

First off, I needed a secure-element nano-SIM (which 95% of the AT&T reps I spoke to didn't even know it existed). Then it turned out there were only a select few phones that can actually use Softcard. The Lumia 830 I had wasn't even compatible so I had to go ditch the one I had and get an AT&T-branded Lumia 830. Then found that I couldn't just use my US Bank account, I had to create a American Express Serve account which costs a dollar a month unless it's set up as my primary direct deposit source. Obviously $12/year is no big, but after all the rest of the hoops it's like they just want to come by every now and then just to pluck a hair out of my arm then run away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3