HTC One M8 For Windows - TMO Wifi Calling

groovshooter

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my One today and noticed that the Wifi Calling app is not in the OS. Has anyone else seen this? I called TMO and they have no clue about anything. They kept telling my to find it in my app list. Not sure why they think I can't qualify that it was not included. I have the proper OS and firmware all set. Please help if you have seen this and know how to fix it. I have reset my phone and no luck.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have it on mine from the other thread. I'm sending it back and have them sending me another phone by Monday.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
If you check out T-Mobile.com, the M8 (Android) clearly shows "Wi-Fi Calling" in the features... Unfortunately, the Windows Phone version does not say that it is compatible. That doesn't mean it's not, but they aren't showing it as a feature at this point.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
If you check out T-Mobile.com, the M8 (Android) clearly shows "Wi-Fi Calling" in the features... Unfortunately, the Windows Phone version does not say that it is compatible. That doesn't mean it's not, but they aren't showing it as a feature at this point.

Well the support documents and CS says it does have WiFi calling. As the uncarrier I wouldn't expect something this new not to come with WiFi calling as this is a feature they push heavily.

Dreamstreamer

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, the Windows Phone version does not say that it is compatible. That doesn't mean it's not, but they aren't showing it as a feature at this point.

Actually, it is listed as a feature.

Go to the support page for the device on T-Mobile's website. (I'd post a link, but have too few posts. Spam prevention, I imagine.)

Check out the KEY Features section under the 'Tech Specs' tab. Of course, it also lists "Nokia Services Catalog" there, too, so it might not be the most reliable information. (The whole section looks like it was copied and pasted from a combination of the Lumia 635 and the HTC One (M8) specs. Errors, like the browser version, don't exactly fill me with confidence.)

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It does not support wifi calling at this time. The existence of support documents suggesting otherwise is an error or premature process on tmo's part.

groovshooter

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got off a chat with HTC support. They pointed me back to Tmo where clearly nobody is getting support. Anyway, don't waste your time contacting HTC. They are of no help here.

sraina

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
This sucks - this is the one of the key differentiating features for T-Mobile. I am sure that the go-go in flight texting is not available on this phone either. I got it yesterday and called T-Mobile for the wi-fi feature - they think it may have something to do with the software version.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
It does not support wifi calling at this time. The existence of support documents suggesting otherwise is an error or premature process on tmo's part.

Then it is not worthy to be a T-mobile phone and I will probably be sending the replacement plus this one back for a refund.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
This sucks - this is the one of the key differentiating features for T-Mobile. I am sure that the go-go in flight texting is not available on this phone either. I got it yesterday and called T-Mobile for the wi-fi feature - they think it may have something to do with the software version.

Sucks indeed and may be the death of this device before it even had a chance for me.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site

I put mine back in the box and shipped it back to T-mobile's return center. It should have been functional out of the box and now they want us to wait for an update that may never come given T-mobiles track record with Windows Phone. Not gonna happen to me, nope no sir...not gonna happen. That's why i sent it back as this is the lamest cop out ever by T-mobile. I also blame MS as this should have been a feature that is backed into 8.1 when they made the update.

Apple baked wifi calling into there OS why couldn't MS. As someone that travels out of the country alot this was too much of a deal breaker for me.

I saw on twitter when you asked that, I was on there and asked the same thing and got the same response back after an interrogation conducted by me of why it did not work. Makes the phone a limp **** IMO without it having all the features of the other two big OS companies. No WiFi calling = They can have this crap back.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Wi-Fi Calling is baked in to the Lumia 925 now, as it was with the 810... So don't go pinning this on Microsoft. Chances are T-Mobile didn't get a newer version of the OS approved that had Wi-Fi calling in it and they didn't want to miss the holiday sales...

What version of WP is the T-Mo version running? The latest from the DP is 8.10.14192.280, which I know VZW hasn't pushed out yet. Did T-Mo end up doing the same?

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Wi-Fi Calling is baked in to the Lumia 925 now, as it was with the 810... So don't go pinning this on Microsoft. Chances are T-Mobile didn't get a newer version of the OS approved that had Wi-Fi calling in it and they didn't want to miss the holiday sales...

What version of WP is the T-Mo version running? The latest from the DP is 8.10.14192.280, which I know VZW hasn't pushed out yet. Did T-Mo end up doing the same?

8.10.12400.899 is what's on my 635 that I just picked up from TMo on Sunday.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site

You are behind on DP updates. Latest is 8.10.14203.306.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3