M8 on sale at TMO and I'm annoyed

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Ordered my M8 on Wednesday. Noticed today it's on sale for $48 less with the promo code M8SAVE. Contacted T-Mobile help on twitter. Only way to get the sale price is to refuse delivery and re-order using the promo code. Utterly ridiculous. Probably looking at two weeks before I get the phone if I account for the transit time to return it, get my credit back, re-order and delivered. And who knows if when I go to re-order the promo code will still be valid.

I'm going to call customer service tomorrow; this shouldn't be that difficult.

wpceej989

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke with someone at Tmobile on the phone today, he was nice enough to put in for a credit on my account. I'd give it a shot!

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried, no dice. They did tell me that I could order a new one using Jump today, even though I used it on Wednesday and still refuse delivery on the first one. I thought about doing that, overnighting the second phone (I'd still be saving money) and refusing delivery on the first. The problem is I'd have to be here to refuse delivery and I won't be and my wife may or may not be.

The more I think about it, it's basically $2/month (over 24 months) and I'm probably(hopefully) going to have this phone for 6-8 months, so it'll only cost me $12-16 dollars than the discounted price. I'm hoping to upgrade to a nice, high-end Windows 10 phone when they're available. That's assuming T-Mobile a) gets one, and b) it's a higher end phone.

Thanks for the suggestion!

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I called today and chatted with someone about the $48 and I didnt have any luck on getting the credit. I even tried to persuade them to give me a case in place of the $48, but no dice.

turg77

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't give you an option for the promo code if you already have an account... I think it only applies if you're getting a new plan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3