Why aren't my notifications showing on Dot View cover?

cannon#WP

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
No notifications showing on Dot View cover

So I got my free Xbox Dot View cover yesterday, and I actually enjoy it. The only problem I'm running into is that notifications and calls aren't being pushed when the cover is closed, nor can I swipe down for Cortana. I've noticed that there are no "accessory apps" installed, but I don't know if anything Dot View related would be there anyway.

I have no problem just opening the cover to get to my text, calls, etc, but it would be nice if it worked correctly. I used SysApp Pusher to make sure I have the latest version. Is anybody else having this problem?

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: No notifications showing on Dot View cover

The Dot View Settings should be towards the bottom of your settings list, not the App List.

If you open the Dot View settings, check to see if "Theme" is at the top of the page - if it's not, you have an older version of the Dot View app and need to update it in the store (SysApp Pusher SHOULD handle this, but you never know)

Make sure the check box for Cortana is checked and then tap on 'Notification Settings' and make sure all of the sources you want are checked (my defaults were everything except for email, so I checked email as I wanted those to show up)

If those still don't work, then I'd either try reseating the device in the case, rebooting, or hard resetting.
I also just got my Xbox case in the mail (it's working great), but had a blue one I got with the phone as well

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

In regards to Cortana, you need to make sure that the screen is off for her to activate - I was confused at first because I would double tap the screen to wake it up, swipe down for Cortana, and then be disappointed nothing would happen.

Bob Brown2

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a different issue: At least once a day the voicemail indicator on the dot view will show up, but I don't have a voicemail.

cannon#WP

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site

In regards to Cortana, you need to make sure that the screen is off for her to activate - I was confused at first because I would double tap the screen to wake it up, swipe down for Cortana, and then be disappointed nothing would happen.

Oh wow, I didn't realize the screen had to be off. Cortana does work for me. I've reset and the notifications still don't show. I REALLY don't want to hard reset so I suppose I have to live with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077