Dust Magnet?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
My usage patterns haven't changed but compared to my 925, the screen on this thing just collects dust like nobody's business. It's certainly not a major issue but I am curious if anyone else has noticed this? Any idea of why?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Your environment might be dusty :p How about adding a screen protector?

Well, I do live in AZ, so it does get a bit dusty but my 925 didn't have the issue.

As for a screen protector, I haven't used one in years. Phones have gone in and out of my pocket all day long for years and I only had one small scratch on my original Motorola Droid that wasn't noticeable in 98% of all situations, so I concluded it was money I didn't need to spend.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I never noticed the M8 as being anymore of a dust magnet than any other phone I've had. A quick wipe on the shirt takes care of all dust anyway.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well, I do live in AZ, so it does get a bit dusty but my 925 didn't have the issue.

As for a screen protector, I haven't used one in years. Phones have gone in and out of my pocket all day long for years and I only had one small scratch on my original Motorola Droid that wasn't noticeable in 98% of all situations, so I concluded it was money I didn't need to spend.

Well I do agree with you on that front.. I really don't bother to go out and buy one

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Last phone I've ever bought a screen protector for was my HTC touch pro 2 it's just an unnecessary expense, especially since most OEMS (HTC,Nokia/Microsoft, and Samsung) put protective coating on touch screens in modern smartphones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb