Why do all the Nokia fan boys hate the HTC one m8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I've been reading a bunch of forum posts lately and all I see is Nokia fan boys bashing HTC particularly the one m8. I've heard the terms Nokia =premium and stuff like that. The last I checked there is no nokia/microsoft flagship out right now. Aluminum feels more premium than the plastics used by Nokia/ms. Now granted HTC makes like one phone every two years but still shouldn't HTC deserve some credit because the one m8 is a killer device that in my opinion is the best windows phone you can be as of now.

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I love Nokia/Microsoft but I consider the M8 a great phone. If it was here in Canada I'd give it a try for sure. Loved my 8S when I had it.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Consumer fanaticism is rampant in tech, look at Apple. I don't get it either. I think you have to put it down to immaturity or insecurity, people want to feel they got the very best for their hard earned money and have to put others down to feel good.

Oh and the M8 is great btw, from an M8 and former Lumia owner.

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I love Nokia/Microsoft but I consider the M8 a great phone. If it was here in Canada I'd give it a try for sure. Loved my 8S when I had it.

Don't get me wrong Nokia/ms stuff is great diversity helps. There's just always that one person who will always hate HTC my 8x was good and so is my m8 and I never understand I don't bash the 930 or anything like that

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I've not quite understood it myself. The M8 (android) is considered top notch flagship. Many awards including being considered one of the best phones released in 2014. But take that the same phone and put in Windows and BAM to the cellar you go lol. Not really worthy. Waste of money. Of course not every Windows user feels this way (myself included). I can't really say it's the best because I've never used any of the newer high end Lumias to compare and don't have an opinion. I will say that the M8 is highly efficient and is very smooth and very fast. To date it has been my overall favorite Windows phone. Second favorite is the Lumia 925.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
LOL I had to laugh at this thread a bit(and the fact it'll probably get closed because it'll likely end in drama).

I've actually relaxed myself on the M8 debacle personally. If you notice, I rarely am as vocal about it as I am....simply because people get so defensive or offended when you point out a phone's flaws.

I am not sure of why the other "Nokia Fan boys" do what they do...We don't have a group where we get together and discuss these things.

For me, I don't "hate" the HTC phone...But I have always found it hilarious that people claim that we need all these other OEMs for windows Phone success. Because you know...a lack of OEMs has been the problem with Windows Phone. /sarcasm

HTC was supposed to big things for us. And open the door for more OEMs and blah blah blah.

Well even though the phone was released only in the US....The phone is largely irrelevant. I don't say that to be rude. But it is currently the present flagship in US and has ZERO competition aside from the SE on Verizon and people are avoiding this phone.

which in itself is sad. It is a good phone. But it came 6 months late, It came 8 months later to Att/Tmobile and in a Windows Phone community, the majority have already decided that they don't want anything to do with anything non-lumia related. And that is HTC fault personally.

I call myself a Nokia purist, not a ******. Or Lumia purist. I'd rather have hardware made by Microsoft only and get rid of the OEMs(except Blu who actually is worth something these days for WP) so we can have better support. I don't hate HTC, I just find it funny the excuses people will give HTC for their own failures.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, the HTC M8 has superb hardware. The thing that sucks about it is (my opinion only)

1) Limited to Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile US only
2) Limited support and features

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've not quite understood it myself. The M8 (android) is considered top notch flagship. Many awards including being considered one of the best phones released in 2014. But take that the same phone and put in Windows and BAM to the cellar you go lol. Not really worthy. Waste of money. Of course not every Windows user feels this way (myself included). I can't really say it's the best because I've never used any of the newer high end Lumias to compare and don't have an opinion. I will say that the M8 is highly efficient and is very smooth and very fast. To date it has been my overall favorite Windows phone. Second favorite is the Lumia 925.

You should try Lumia flagship next gen :) It's pretty amazing. Time to see what those pureview cameras are all about ;)

Seriously though, From my understanding on the Android side, the M8 is still largely irrelevant and its main weaknesses is the very same weakness that turns off Windows Phone users....it's camera.

And the fact that majority go Galaxy S and Galaxy Note over M8(hmmm why does this sound familiar) and the fact that they'll also choose Moto and LG phones over HTC. It's a good phone from a poor OEM unfortunately.

At least according to this screenshot:
X1BX0U9.png

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I loved my 8X and would happily give the m8 a try. I must admit though, the m8 camera technology really confuses me. It would be interesting to see if it really does compare to the 1020/1520 as the camera has become quite an important feature for me. 😊

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I loved my 8X and would happily give the m8 a try. I must admit though, the m8 camera technology really confuses me. It would be interesting to see if it really does compare to the 1020/1520 as the camera has become quite an important feature for me. 😊
Since you're used to pureview things probably not....especially compared to those two models.
For basic shoots it is good..it has the speed though denim also negates that advantage as well.

But compared to a 1020 it doesn't beat it and the 1520...while tougher comparison, no as well.

Though I am sure m8 owners will also excuse or have a reasoning for this ;)

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Since you're used to pureview things probably not....especially compared to those two models.
For basic shoots it is good..it has the speed though denim also negates that advantage as well.

But compared to a 1020 it doesn't beat it and the 1520...while tougher comparison, no as well.

Though I am sure m8 owners will also excuse or have a reasoning for this ;)

I don't think there needs to be an excuse for this. It is what it is. People who choose a phone should look at all of the pro's and con's before deciding which is best for them.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I really, really liked the style of the 8XT but went with the 928, and then the Icon, for the camera. An experience with prior HTC hardware on our work plan - an entire batch of over two dozen DInc2s that all failed just after warranty expired - colored my experience as well. I realize that phone was from the dark days of HTC, but that is a pretty big mountain to overcome.

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Although I haven't used those I can tell you for a 4mp shooter it takes a pretty damn good picture its fast and low light is pretty decent

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I really, really liked the style of the 8XT but went with the 928, and then the Icon, for the camera. An experience with prior HTC hardware on our work plan - an entire batch of over two dozen DInc2s that all failed just after warranty expired - colored my experience as well. I realize that phone was from the dark days of HTC, but that is a pretty big mountain to overcome.
Trust me I know my 8x was returned more time than I care to admit my final one was the best though I actually enjoyed it and renewed my faith in HTC

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
One word, Camera. It just doesn't compare. And personally, I think the the M8 is kind of ugly. I'd rather have an 8X (gorgeous) than an M8.

But nothing wrong with others liking the phone. My yellow 1020 isn't exactly everyone's cup if tea either.

Last edited:

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
LOL I had to laugh at this thread a bit(and the fact it'll probably get closed because it'll likely end in drama).

I've actually relaxed myself on the M8 debacle personally. If you notice, I rarely am as vocal about it as I am....simply because people get so defensive or offended when you point out a phone's flaws.

I am not sure of why the other "Nokia Fan boys" do what they do...We don't have a group where we get together and discuss these things.

For me, I don't "hate" the HTC phone...But I have always found it hilarious that people claim that we need all these other OEMs for windows Phone success. Because you know...a lack of OEMs has been the problem with Windows Phone. /sarcasm

HTC was supposed to big things for us. And open the door for more OEMs and blah blah blah.

Well even though the phone was released only in the US....The phone is largely irrelevant. I don't say that to be rude. But it is currently the present flagship in US and has ZERO competition aside from the SE on Verizon and people are avoiding this phone.

which in itself is sad. It is a good phone. But it came 6 months late, It came 8 months later to Att/Tmobile and in a Windows Phone community, the majority have already decided that they don't want anything to do with anything non-lumia related. And that is HTC fault personally.

I call myself a Nokia purist, not a ******. Or Lumia purist. I'd rather have hardware made by Microsoft only and get rid of the OEMs(except Blu who actually is worth something these days for WP) so we can have better support. I don't hate HTC, I just find it funny the excuses people will give HTC for their own failures.
I believe that more OEMs help windows phone. More choice and competition helps unless you wanna be like an Isheep lol

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe that more OEMs help windows phone. More choice and competition helps unless you wanna be like an Isheep lol

I haven't seen any sign of this in nearly five years being accurate at all. In the windows phone 7 days there were lots of alternatives and in the windows phone 8 days all OEMs were on equal footing. Samsung and HTC slacked and Nokia rose to power....now with the Nokia sale, blu is an up and comer and HTC has the perfect opportunity to swoop in and be relevant except they aren't.

What will help windows phone is developer and carrier support. Not a rush of OEMs.

I don't mind being an isheep type of person. Because I like the idea that all windows phones are made from the same people who make my operating system and control that. I want Microsoft to take an apple approach because this current android approach is an utter mess.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Same here. I used to exclusively own HTC phones just about in my android days. Always had some sort of issue with the hardware and their support. While they appear to have improved, for me I am not willing to take a risk on them at all at the moment when there is absolutely nothing wrong with Lumia hardware and so far Lumia has been perfect for me as a windows phone user.

I will keep my eye out on HTC upcoming products but I am willing to bet that the true hardware will be this year's flagship Lumia and I refuse to get stuck with an HTC and miss out on the greatness.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
One word, Camera. It just doesn't compare. And personally, I think the the M8 is kind of ugly. I'd rather have an 8X (gorgeous) than an M8.

But nothing wrong with others liking the phone. My yellow 1020 isn't exactly everyone's cup if tea either.

Having used the m8 for the last week, the phone would be less ugly if it wasn't for this gimmicky speakers.

I too wish HTC would release an updated 8x model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3