Does HTC Rapid charger works for Windows One M8?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Going by what I can see it's a QualComm capability so I don't see a reason why it wouldn't support it considering it's the exact same hardware.

If you click on the WP version and click accessories it comes up as one of them.

To be on the safe side wouldn't it be better to contact HTC?

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
I have the Tenergy Qualcomm 2.0 fast charge certified model. It doesn't work on the ATT M8. I know this because the light needs to be green indicating 2.0 fast charging is working. It stays blue indicating quick charge isn't working.

Shame, really. It works fine on the Android M8 and Note 4. Doesn't work on the 1520 either. DP.

originalstarlite

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Probably quite true but both designs that I talking about are from HTC so IMHO I doubt that the noted design difference is not significant.

Previously I ordered this same Rapid Charger 2.0 from a 3rd party dealer and received a charger that not only looked like the OEM but also charged at the same exact rate. I questioned the supplier about this lack of speed and he swore his was the 2.0 Rapid Charger.
Only after I ordered from HTC did I note the difference in size and far more importantly, speed.

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I received mine today from HTC - is the charge light supposed to be a different color? cause mine is still red...
is there a setting I need to hit to enable the quick charge?

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is worth it anyway. Consider the following

Original charger: 5V/1.5A

"Fast": 5V/1.67A

Higher voltages are mentioned but I don't know how that would work.

Faster charging wears down Li-ion batteries faster; life expectancy decreases. That faster charge cycle doesn't come without cost.

The original charger charges the phone pretty darn fast compared to any other phone I've had.

Imo the speed at which this phone already charges is really fast, and a slightly faster charger isn't worth a shorter life expectancy.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I just received my HTC Rapid Charger today. So now the question is do I keep it and hope it can be used in the future. Sell it. Return it or just have an extra (expensive) wall charger around.

chrisliphart

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I had a Nexus 6 and still have a "Turbo Charger", as well as two generic Quick Charge 2.0 chargers, and I can confirm that it doesn't look like the phone is properly supporting Quick Charge 2.0. It's charging faster than the included 1.5A charger it came with, but it's not fully utilizing the faster charging. My guess is the phone software needs to support it (since the hardware obviously does), so hopefully we'll see an update at some point. Perhaps with Windows 10, or 8.1 GDR2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3