Anyone plan on upgrading to HTC One M9 once released?

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I love my M8. I just got it a few weeks ago. I also love that I don't feel I will need to upgrade my device every time a new Windows Phone device comes out. That being said, I would appreciate the better camera the M9 will definitely have. I think I may be able to ride out this M8 until I am eligible to trade up. How about you guys? Thoughts?

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I might. Don't know for sure. I'll say that Windows on the M8 is fantastic. Thus far my favorite phones with Windows OS have been the M8 and the Lumia 925. It all depends on what the next flagship Lumia brings to the table. If the next flagship Lumia appeals to me (no larger than 5 inch screen ... my threshold for a phone) I'll go with it instead of the M9. If larger than 5 inch screen, I'll look at the M9 if it's available thru T-Mobile or unlocked with ALL of the bands available for T-Mobile. Other than that I'll stick with the M8 and the 830 and 735.

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I love my M8, and I'm not one to buy a new phone every year so I wouldn't get a M9 right away. I do like the leaked specs on the M9 and the improved camera and I would buy it in a heartbeat if I was in the market for a new phone. I will probably buy it or its successor(M10?) late in 2016 or early 2017 if it is available with Windows on T-Mobile or unlocked.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Unlikely since I doubt I'll be upgrading in the foreseeable future. It all depends on when Verizon lets me edge up. Right now I'm totally satisfied with my M8 but when I got it to replace my dying 928, it was mostly because the availability of the icon was scarce and the update situation was a huge question mark. I'm guessing there will be an M10 by the time I upgrade next but it'll have to be really compelling to keep me from going back to a Lumia (unless Verizon manages to botch future 9x0/10x0 releases like they have everything else to this point)

Manny C

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Very happy with my M8 so far and considering from a design perspective that the M9 going to look identical to the M8 I don't feel an upgrade is necessary at this point. Only reason why I would is to pass the M8 over to my father. Still excited to see a Windows version though!

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I still have a 1020 and after looking at HTC m9 event, it looks like a sweet phone to replace it. If MS does not come out with a top of the notch flagship phone for windows phone 10 soon, I will make the switch to HTC. I am also waiting on the Samsung event, if only Samsung would make their S6 with windows phone 10 OS or the Note.

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The thing with HTC is, you have to go in knowing you will be getting lackluster support for your device. Having gone from the HTC Titan II (network app issues never fixed), to two HTC X8s (1 died in less than a year, the other is no longer being updated), I will not go back to HTC until there are drastic changes at that company.

Android is their main focus. You'll be left behind very quickly.

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The thing with HTC is, you have to go in knowing you will be getting lackluster support for your device. Having gone from the HTC Titan II (network app issues never fixed), to two HTC X8s (1 died in less than a year, the other is no longer being updated), I will not go back to HTC until there are drastic changes at that company.

I agree their primary focus is Android first, but HTC has also supported windows when other OEMs have not. So I'll give them credit and respect for doing so.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I will likely just hold on to my M8 for a while. I'm fine with the current camera and the rest of the phone is just awesome, so no reason to update yet.

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I just watched the M9 announcement. Seems to have more RAM (3Gb vs 2Gb) and a much better camera. The tech writers I've read seems to agree the camera is a big upgrade, but not as drastic as you would think. The camcorder records at 4K. So, looks pretty good. I just got my M8 in Feb, so I have awhile before I can upgrade. I am happy enough with this device to hold for awhile, though.

onem8wp

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
In the handful of reviews I've read so far the camera on the M9 has been criticized rather harshly (IIRC noise and poor low-light performance). I was surprised to see that. Also, with no optical stabilization apparently the 4K video does not look good.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Who listens to tech reviews? Aren't those the Sam reviewers that bash MS every chance they get? Then all of a sudden we (or some at least) listen to them when they review the M9? Lol

Anyways, my M8 works flawlessly so I will keep it for awhile longer.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
If that's all true about the M9, HTC just can't get camera's right. They are decent, but they really need great one.

I'm sure most people will be fine with it, just like the M8. We are just extremists.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I feel that same way about HTC myself. They have done nothing to really convince me to give them another chance and if the reviews for the m9 camera are true, then I can definitely once again pass it by.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Has the M9 been confirmed for WP? I haven't been able to find any concrete information.

If its being held back to release with W10 that's unfortunate. I understand that MS wants to make a big splash, but I like how android flagships are released throughout the year.

Also releasing the WP version of the HTC One 6 months after the android version doesn't look too good. It doesn't quite make it "last years tech", but you guys know what I'm saying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes