RanchoBurger

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Picked up a One M8 recently to replace my Lumia 920. Only reason I did was because the battery life on my 920 was beyond toast. Really liking the new phone. I miss glance but that's not a big deal. What I do care about is being able to stream music from my phone to say, my Xbox One. I miss the Nokia Play To app a lot. The One M8 has DLNA, right? Is there no substitution for this feature?

edit: After a little more research, I see it doesn't have DLNA. At least according to the site I'm looking at. Though phonearena says it does. Disappointing if it's not possible, though.

cdubbsworld

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
ive streamed my phone to my smart tv using the screen share that's built in I haven't tried my xbox one tho it has some type of miracast functionality built in maybe xbox one just requires an app

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
DLNA is built into Windows, but the software to access it is not... Play To is Nokia's answer... HTC had their HTC Play software but it didn't make the jump from 7 to 8. I found a few options for playing media from a server to a DLNA device, but overall, it is a bit of a glaring error. Even HTC"s own connectables don't work with the M8.

RanchoBurger

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
After exhausting anywhere online I can think of to find information on this, it just seems like you can't stream from the One M8 WP to anything.

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I stream YouTube to my XB1. Download the Microsoft YouTube app on the M8 and the YouTube app on your XB1. Then in settings there is the ability to link with a code. To get the XB1 one code, go into settings on the XB1 app, enter that code in the YouTube app on the M8. Works great for YouTube anyway.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Aren't you just streaming YouTube through your Xbox then? That's like me saying I stream YouTube through my M7 with my Amazon Fire TV Stick. No, the App is in the Xbox or the Stick, the phone is just a remote for it.

What we're going after is the fact that you can't take something like an album, movie or photos from your device and play them back to your TV/Sound System/PC without some kind of MS based adapter. Miracast doesn't seem to be as friendly as Chomecasting or straight DLNA playback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte