Impressive Battery Life

tn_friend

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
After having used an iPhone 6 and LG G3, it is nice to be back using my HTC One M8 for Windows. The battery life is amazing, after using my phone periodically all day today, I am still at 75%, which is very impressive. Also, the silky smooth operation is nice. I really don't understand why Windows Phone is not more popular.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
After having used an iPhone 6 and LG G3, it is nice to be back using my HTC One M8 for Windows. The battery life is amazing, after using my phone periodically all day today, I am still at 75%, which is very impressive. Also, the silky smooth operation is nice. I really don't understand why Windows Phone is not more popular.

I just downgraded from an M8 to the 640, and I do miss the battery life on my M8. It really was amazing. The 640's isn't bad, but not nearly as good as the M8.

As for the smoothness, although it's not too bad on the 640, that extra 1GB of RAM really helps the M8.

The camera on the M8 leaves a lot to be desired, though, which is why I downgraded. (I realize the camera isn't as important for everyone.) I find the camera on the 640 better. If the M8 had even a decent camera, it would really be an amazing phone and I probably wouldn't have downgraded.

Enjoy the phone, though, because it is a nice phone.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just downgraded from an M8 to the 640, and I do miss the battery life on my M8. It really was amazing. The 640's isn't bad, but not nearly as good as the M8.

As for the smoothness, although it's not too bad on the 640, that extra 1GB of RAM really helps the M8.

The camera on the M8 leaves a lot to be desired, though, which is why I downgraded. (I realize the camera isn't as important for everyone.) I find the camera on the 640 better. If the M8 had even a decent camera, it would really be an amazing phone and I probably wouldn't have downgraded.

Enjoy the phone, though, because it is a nice phone.

Fear not....the new M-9 for Windows is on it's way in a couple of months....

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Fear not....the new M-9 for Windows is on it's way in a couple of months....

Unfortunately the few reviews I've read say the camera is still not that great.

Has there been an official announcement on the M9 for Windows? I'd love to see them put the M10 out for Windows first (not holding my breath!) with a great camera. Then I might consider it. :)

wolfee48

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I just did a clean OS install after trying out Windows 10.10149. I was having battery over heating issues 8.1 and decided to take a peek at W10 before I reloaded 8.1.

After a full clean install of 8.1 with no restore... battery is amazing again with no over heating. I can no go an entire day with no charge and still have 60% left at the end of day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99