How to install Redstone 14356

SolariXxX

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I did end up figuring out how to upgrade from 8.1 now that theyve removed the phone. I will update the original instructions soon (once I get out of work most likely)
Really need these instructions and I hope they will work for most of Lumia phones too. I know Skype will end support of Skype app on October 2016 and my mom with WP8.1 on Lumia 630 couldn't use Skype. Please, post instructions asap :)

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I used this tool to get Redstone on my HTC One M8 and it seems to work just fine.* However, I used a Lumia 735 identifier to get the update.* Does anyone know what the registry info is for a Lumia 930?* I feel like using an ID with more similar hardware might yield better results.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Just an update for everyone- in preparation of the launch of the final build of the anniversary update, it appears Microsoft has removed unsupported devices from all rings of the insider program, so if you restore back to 8.1, you're going to be stuck there. I'm trying to see what I can do to get back to 10 and I will let you all know if I find a way. I may have a found a rather convoluted path back and am testing it now.

Any update on a path back to WM10 ? :)

starpageup

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm on T-Mobile (US) with an HTC One (M8). I've successfully used this process to run all the fast ring updates on my daily driver. I don't suggest you do it, but I have had minimal problems. Hiccups here and there, but nothing too serious. This works, from installing interop tools, to writing the registry, and even a hard reset with backup restore after the updates.

Currently i'm installing 14385...

I've never lost my APN, however I took note of it beforehand just in case. Your results may vary, but seems to go just fine for me.
For T-Mobile HTC One (M8):
PhoneManufacturer: HTC
PhoneManufacturerModelName: 0P6B140
PhoneModelName: 0P6B140

APN: fast.t-mobile.com
Password: Password
Type of sign-in info: None
IP type: IPv4

Thanks Dan.....you are the confidence builder man!! :)

Now I would love to try Redstone builds on my HTC One M8 (T-Mobile)......this is my only phone which I heavily rely upon....so just wanted to know if the redstone builds are going fine with this particular model and there have been no bricks or anything of that sort.

Also one question though.....have you tried the latest release from Slow Ring? I heard there was an issue regarding Hard Reset with this....apparently the 'Next Button' doesn't appears on first run when you do the Hard Reset on unsupported Device and you are stuck there.

Daniel Menoni

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well... an update.
I never changed my registry back to list the HTC as my device model. I'm still showing Nokia 735. I have received the anniversary update, currently I'm listed as running 14393.67

I wish I could help y'all more, and I wish no one had problems getting the original instructions to work. Naturally, persistence is key, get ready to upgrade, restart, start over, get frustrated and do it all again. I've been a windows mobile user since the beginning, and I mean the very beginning, some sort of Motorola flip phone, so I'm used to this.

Remember that we're way off the beaten path right now so you have to try try and try again. If this wasn't my daily, I'd start from scratch and see if I could help more.

Keep posting your results, good bad and otherwise and maybe through all this we'll get everyone rolling on redstone.

Cheers

PS. benj1091 deserves all the credit here for posting the original path to upgrade. I was just foolish enough to do it on my daily!

khaivu

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I was on the HTC registry setting with the Redstone build from prior to yesterday. Tried updating my phone with .67 but it didn't get picked up. So change my registry setting to Nokia 735 on the fast ring and that did it. Running on .67 with registry setting set back to HTC now. Even before all this for months now I could only get about 3 hours' worth of battery usage and I want to do a hard reset badly. I only thing that's holding me back is there are several apps no longer available to be reinstall like Life360. Wondering how everyone's battery usage is recently with either Threshhold or Redstone.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Instructions (russian)
This method at the top of this thread seems doesn't work on 512Mb devices, I've tried to change these regkeys but phone still says 'up to date'

Thanks for the reply. I'm using an HTC One M8 so I can't help you to resolve your issue immediately. I will however do some research on your behalf.

Update ... Ok I managed to install W10 on my HTC One M8 from WP8.1 Update 2 ( No thanks to Microsoft for removing the M8 from TP supported devices.) ... Now trying to work my way up to AU & then Redstone.

Update .. 14393.67 is currently downloading. WooooWiieee !!!!

Update ... 14393.67 Installed to my HTC ONE M8 after going back to WP8.1 U2.

Many thanks to SolariXxX who responded & pointed me in the correct direction.

Usain Bolt for the Gold medal in Rio ... Proud Jamaican !!

Last edited:

scorpdragon

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
On a T-Mobile M8 here. I copied the info from an AT&T Lumia 950 and it worked fine for me. Got a couple updates so far. Microsoft, RM-1105_12716, Lumia 950.

saputraj

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Just finished upgrading. I simply followed the instructions and flashed the latest Redstone to my T-Mobile M8 using Lumia 950 as the model.

The Interop Tool simply crashed when I tried to view the registries. So I have to write them directly.

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
To anyone on 14393.67:

- How is your camera? I can't take HDR shots (turns out all white), normal camera quality is terrible (worse than with anything), and video recording is only at 1080p@30fps...

Thanks!

slamx3

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
What is the work around for it kicking me back to the extras menu when selecting platform. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Interop Tools but it is still kicking me out after selecting platform. Thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05