How to install Redstone 14356

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I've also seen the data stalls. What I usually do is turn off wifi; that seems to get things moving again. Have also seen the hang at the end of a phone call. Other things I've tried so far seem good. Messages thru Cortana work properly, vice the WM10 preview, where Cortana would get cut off about 80% thru the "I sent your ".
I did reset my registry values back to those for the M8 One after the update process. Guess it doesn't matter what ring I'm on since the M8 isn't on the valid list...

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
As of this typing I'm installing 10.0.14393.67 from 10.0.10586.494; I did need to install the dependencies to get past "platform" to "targetdeviceinfo". Thank you! I look forward to checking what's new; it had been awhile since I sat down and messed with my phone and today, I did; thanks again!

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Brandon_T_R - This worked like a charm. Thank you. It's performing an OTA update right now to the latest version. I've not edited the registry yet. I was very happy to see the MS Camera App working again. HTC Camera app no longer works. (Which is fine with me.)

I had switched to the Note 7 (as VZW has given up on all Windows phones) since my HTC was stuck at Win 8.1 and all kinds of buggy. Well we all know how the Note 7 ended up, so I'm going back to my HTC until the new phones are released next year. (And honestly - Android was still Android after all these years - nothing to write home about.) Missed my Win10 phone. :)

Thanks again!
Yeah, can wait to get my hands on one has well ;)

Cheers

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I have just installed Windows 10 Mobile 14965.1001 (RS2 - Creators Update Preview) over 14393.67 on my HTC One M8 T-Mo. I used Nokia registry settings in Interop Tool for this as mentioned in the first post here. No other hack used.

So far the update is looking good. Will update back in case of any major issues.

Thanks.

Note: It took a little longer at the blue windows logo screen after the reboot after gears screen. But the phone came back on easy.
Also I reverted the Registry settings back to HTC One M8 T-Mo original after I did the update.

When you do the regedit, are you fooling the system into thinking your phone is a 950? I ask because if so, I wonder if that will allow you to use the tap to pay feature in Wallet, since its only available for the 650 and 950 and 950xl.

Sent from mTalk

mountainkiter

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
So I finally followed the instructions for entering the radio information you suggested posted by mostau. I didn't have to hard reset my phone before this. Phone was working before but would lose LTE often and really bad with handoffs from wifi to lte. Anyway, its working like a charm now. Thanks for the info. For me this was a must to make the htc one m8 upgraded to windows 10 function . I'm with Verizon so maybe its only needed for them.

Mark4047

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi Wayne,

How do I download windows 10 on my HTC One W8? Also, I am having a problem texting picture to a friend of mine?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Mark

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced phone resets while using the selfie camera? It's happened to me several times; I decided for times I want to use the selfie camera I'll use the HTC Camera app. It works fine...

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Yup. Happens sometimes when I open the camera App from the lock screen but if I sign on first, usually doesn't reset. I've already given Windows Preview the input but if others do also, maybe they'll do something to fix it.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone with an AT&T model, can you tell me if you are able to get Enhanced LTE/HD Voice while on a W10M build?

I looked here: settings > system > phone > cellular & sim settings > sim settings, but didn't see any option for Enhanced LTE? We may fall into AT&T's "we don't support unlocked/unbranded phones" area with WM10 on the M8.
From this thread it sounds like Enhanced LTE is area dependent: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/396888-hd-voice-t.html

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I looked here: settings > system > phone > cellular & sim settings > sim settings, but didn't see any option for Enhanced LTE? We may fall into AT&T's "we don't support unlocked/unbranded phones" area with WM10 on the M8.
From this thread it sounds like Enhanced LTE is area dependent: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/396888-hd-voice-t.html
Great thanks for checking. My Lumia 950 (RM-1105) and my lumia 830 do. I believe the 640 does too but none of them get wifi calling. I owned an at&t m8 w/ windows some time ago now and could not recall if with w10m it had it or not or if even with wp8...

Thanks for the reply.

Sent from mTalk

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I was just updated to Build 15007. Nice new feature under Settings is Apps where you can uninstall them. Backup Assistant Plus is listed but the "uninstall" is greyed so it can't be used. I have not setup BAP plus but it is still always running in the background as my largest battery use App. Of course, if anyone tries to use BAP, it will kill your battery is just a few hours. I called again and Verizon said they still don't have an option to allow users to uninstall or simply not use BAP even though BAP is of no use to W10 users as we have the Microsoft Cloud. #1 do any of you hi-tec users know any way to uninstall/delete/turn-off BAP from running in the background; maybe the Interop Tools or?? #2 can all Verizon users call and complain to Verizon asking them to create a feature on everyone's acct website to simply turn off BAP; the Verizon rep said if they get enough W10 user requests that option, they might consider doing it.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm on Fast Ring. When you switch to Fast, it may take a few days to get the new release. I too had bugs on 14965; running much better on 15007. One additional thing good about this release, if you like it, you can put a 45 days pause for getting any new releases which means you can stay on Fast ring and let others try it out first but still get new releases faster than Slow Ring. I'm staying on Fast Ring because I want to get a release a.s.a.p. that allows me to turn off Backup Assistant Plus (Verizon) because it uses too much battery even though I don't use that App. This release finally allows the BAP App to show under settings/Apps but the ability to Uninstall it is greyed out so it doesn't work yet but I assume it will eventually.

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Okay thanks. This is my daily driver though. So I will think about it more. And one more thing. Is there a fix for the phone app freezing when in calls and or trying to hang up?

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had any freezing issues other than forced restarts when using the selfie camera. If you are having freezing issues, I suggest trying a Soft Reset (Hold power and volume down button unless it resets; about 10 seconds). A soft reset cleans stuff up but doesn't hurt anything. DO NOT do a Hard Reset.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Okay thanks. This is my daily driver though. So I will think about it more. And one more thing. Is there a fix for the phone app freezing when in calls and or trying to hang up?

I have experienced this a couple times also, but don't know of a remedy.
One other thing. I got a JBL Flip3 speaker thing (bluetooth) for Christmas. It works well, with one hang-up. If you have Cortana set to use wired and bluetooth headsets, it cannot handle playing music through the Flip3 when a text or phone call comes in. The phone locks up.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I have only had the newest release,15007, for a week so still working through it. It's my only phone so I get to work through it relatively fast but no other issues except the selfie camera forcing reset. I doubt picking a phone using interop tools effects your camera? Mine seams fine but I'm not very picky with pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven