How to install Redstone 14356

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
You could also see if you find a windows preview app in the store. There might be an app to allow the developer option.
Sorry I'm not 100% on any info I give you because I did this myself long before windows 10 ever even came out. HTC hung us out to dry a long time ago. The people in this forum worked harder on keeping this phone alive than anybody in HTC ever did.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Sidebar: I'd like to see HTC bring out a follow-on to the One M8 for Windows, with stereo speakers, a stylus, and hand-writing recognition. (It would help me when I insert notes or edit documents.) It would be smart to again use the same hardware as one of their top Android units, to give us users a decent batch of accessories to choose from.

Back on topic. If Cortana didn't have to have an internet connection for doing every single task, it would help.

Battery life in build 15065 is back to where it should be, I think. I can end the day with about 60%, which was typical for me. Depending upon use, of course.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Yup. I have the same issue and also sometimes I can't hang up after a phone call without locking/unlocking the phone. I provided all these issue to Insider already but I suggest you do also so they hear it and work on fixing it.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen the phone hang up issue yet, but have seen the keyboard issue. Sometimes I see a zoom issue when opening emails. The message loads, blows up about 300%, then sometimes settles back to original.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone notice the battery heating up when using Edge for 15 minutes or so? Does Edge reload the webpage for you if you shut the phone off (i.e sleep, not power down) for a minute and then go back on. I also had issues with YouTube, trying to skip forward after the page reloaded. Video froze, audio continued. But if you try to skip forward again, the page freezes entirely.
I did put my phone back to "Fast", but haven't gotten the 15063.2 or 15077 update yet.

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if the heat up is definitely edge or not. I will have to pay more attention. But I do get these issues also. And I'm pretty sure edge is reloading my pages even when I just switch apps from the background too.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Also noticed the battery warming up when I was browsing the Windows Central app.
And, I discovered my phone was still on Release Preview, hence the reason I wasn't seeing any updates. 15063.2 is downloaded, but battery is too low at the moment.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Can't see any dramatic changes from 15063. Battery doesn't seem to heat up quite as much. Had to reboot my phone two times to get the landscape/portrait thing working right. Edge seems to work better

So, the newest update, April 2017 update for ARM devices 15063.138 is downloaded and ready to install. Hoping the battery heat, portrait thing, and other stuff I've reported. Will install and report my findings....

As an aside, the Ebay app now tells me it's no longer supported, or won't be soon. But there is no update in the Windows Store.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
No major complaints on the .138 build. It is odd the calculator will not go to landscape mode though.
Also, it seems 15204 is out, but I am not getting an update notice. 15204 culled the officially supported update field to about 10 phones... I have not used Interop Tools to edit again, so that may do the trick. Or not.

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Ok. That's what I think happened here. I'm thinking I haven't got .138 because my phone has HTC registries. Maybe I will try setting things to Lumia 735 and see if I get it.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, i think we are now out of the race. I changed my registry back to a 950, and got nothing for the past two days. Figured the R3 update would have shown up by now, or 15204. but zip.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Got an update. I was going to revert to HTC naming, when I discovered that one of the lumia values didn't get written when I went in previously to change them. So, once I corrected that and check for updates, Windows 10 Insider Preview 15205.0 (feature 2) was ready.
Downloaded, but can't install until the battery gets above 40%... Will share anything of interest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett