Unlocked Radar on AT&T

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Voice should be fine. Unless you have the following frequencies you'll get 2G instead of 3G for data. 2G isn't bad if you are just looking at News site. Streaming will be extremely poor at best.

AT&T uses UMTS/WCDMA 850/1900 for 3G

That's from T-Mobile right? T-Mobile uses UMTS/WCDMA 1700/2100aws for 3G

This is one of the reasons why all GSM phones should have pentaband. Then all frequencies are covered. My Nokia N8 has pentaband and it works fine on AT&T or T-Mobile.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
If you always around wifi, it'll be fine. If not, I'd reconsider getting one with AT&T's frequencies for HSPA+

lrdiaz

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
HTC web site includes the following specs for TMO Radar 4G:
850/900/1800/1900
1700/2100/AWS
2100/1900/850
TMO US web site omits the last line of numbers.
Kind of confusing. Hopefully, someone will verify soon enough.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I like the Radar over the Samsung Focus S, but don't know how good TMO's coverage in my area is. I have decided to get the Radar and try it for a week or two alongside my Focus S. Let's see what happens :)

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I like the Radar over the Samsung Focus S, but don't know how good TMO's coverage in my area is. I have decided to get the Radar and try it for a week or two alongside my Focus S. Let's see what happens :)

Will be interested to hear your thoughts. I'm leaning that way myself and have the exact same coverage concerns plus curious how you like the smallish-er screen.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Jeremynelson1987

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I unlocked a Radar that I won from Microsoft, and the phone and texting works, but the data does not. Any suggestions on how to change that? Should I go and get a 4G Sim card from AT&T?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I unlocked a Radar that I won from Microsoft, and the phone and texting works, but the data does not. Any suggestions on how to change that? Should I go and get a 4G Sim card from AT&T?

If you put an AT&T SIM card into it, you need an application called "HTC Connection Setup".

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The Radar is 4G and in the engadget review they said that it was getting 4G on AT&T (They think the 850 band)

Went back and checked, it reads like this:
After a little experimentation with this model, we found that T-Mo's version also supports faux-G on one of AT&T's bands once unlocked (hint: it's likely the 850MHz spectrum).

Faux-G is just the term the coined for what carriers consider "4G" but yes, it get's AT&T 4G. An attempt to make T-mobile & AT&T more compatible you think?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3