Radar 4g Disassembly/SD Card

bfranksd

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Didn't see this posted anywhere or I may have missed it. I've read that someone took apart an HD7 and manually replaced the original micro SD card with their own 32gb micro SD card.

Does anyone know if (or how) the Radar 4g can be taken apart and allow for a larger micro SD card to be inserted?

I plan on picking one up this weekend and would like to know this asap, thanks!

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can't. It has the unibody frame so everything is pretty much tucked away inside.

I'm sure it's suspected it is though but i haven't heard of anyone trying.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Nobody is really sure yet if that is possible on 2nd generation WP7 phones. It maybe that 2nd generation phones have a soldered on memory chip, rather than a memory card.

SebasCvdB

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can't. It has the unibody frame so everything is pretty much tucked away inside.

I'm sure it's suspected it is though but i haven't heard of anyone trying.

That unibody should be taken lightly because you take off the bottom (for Sim) there is a bunch of little screws I would assume the "inserted" part just slides out sorta like an HTC Sensation 4G (if anyone knows how that one works.)

SebasCvdB

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is going to try it, the guys at xda would be the first to try it.

Sure hope they do but from what I understand from certain websites the memory its a NAND which means no SD.. Plus on XDA there is not a whole lot going on with the HTC Radar unfortunately...

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Sure hope they do but from what I understand from certain websites the memory its a NAND which means no SD.. Plus on XDA there is not a whole lot going on with the HTC Radar unfortunately...

That's what I would suspect with the 2nd generation phones.

goodbytes

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Disassembled Radar 4g

I know this is a little late, but I just tried disassembling my Radar 4G to replace the screen (non gorilla glass...really HTC???). I got pretty far into the process, but once I got passed the innards of the phone there was no way to get passed the aluminum cover behind the digitizer screen. It is completely encased by the plastic body and there was no way I could see to get around it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786