Radar 4G and Disappearing Keyboard Issue?

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.

I purchased (but haven't yet received) a Radar 4G and recently noticed a number of posts in other forums about this particular phone and the disappearing keyboard issue (the one that update 7.10.8107.79 is supposed to address). I currently have a Lumia 710 and have yet to experience the issue, even though it's not running the 8107 update.

Is this an issue that's affecting only certain WP handsets (Radar 4G included)? If so, can any Radar owners comment on the severity (frequency) of the issue? Is it a "once-in-a-blue-moon" type of thing, or is it a daily nuisance? Just curious...

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Although I haven't tested it, its been reported that the disappearing kb is related to background tasks running and taking precedence on your screen. So when a background task starts, you kb will drop momentarily. If you don't have any third party apps with background tasks enabled, then you my never experience this problem (I have several). Some apps, like mail, handle the dropped kb well, but some third party apps will not let you turn the kb back on without backing out and starting over. So it could be a real pain. Got through this whole post without a drop, which is rare.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

sprocket01

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
we have had our Radars for a few weeks I have experienced this issue from time to time. depends on the day and what Apps I've been using may not happen at all then the next day it could happen 3 or 4 times in a row. My wife has never mentioned the issue but she doesn't really have any Apps other than a few games and FB. So I would say yes it certainly is related to Apps on the phone and Apps you have running at the same time. I haven't really found it to be a huge problem clearly it not happening at all would be great but its not frequent enough for me to panic about it. Good luck I hope you enjoy the phone! Coming from our Galaxy S its a huge breath of fresh air and quite enjoyable!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire