Battery life on hotspot?

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just ordered a Radar and I intend to use it mostly as a data device, and often times just as a hotspot in my bag throughout the day. I'm curious if anyone has any idea how long it might last with internet sharing turned on, but not making any calls and barely ever turning the screen on (if at all)? I'm in a strong HSPA+ coverage area, so I'd assume good to great reception. Thanks in advance!

Best,
mtmjr90

nodrogkam

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I typically use my radar on the bus commute to work for ~35 minutes. I only connected my ipad to it. I'm also streaming "pandora" (metroradio) on it at the same time.
It drops about 5% over that period of time.

Pretty good IMO.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I haven't had a chance to do much tethering but WOW is the battery life is amazing! Approaching 12 hrs unplugged and at 30% battery...am I dreaming? Thanks for the response!

Sent from my HTC Radar using Board Express

nodrogkam

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
No problem. Yeah, for a budget WP device, this really is the best choice by far. I can certainly get a full 24 hours of use under light-moderate use with everything still synchronizing.
Being able to last for 12 hours under moderate-heavy use is just perfect for me. This is seriously the closest thing to a BlackBerry (in terms of battery life).

KacperN

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
:)

I can get a full 20 hours of use under light-moderate use with everything on, but only 8 hours under moderate-heavy use :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234