Best tips for limited space on Radar 4G

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I just got a Radar 4G, and going from the HD7 with 16GB of space to 8GB is going to be a challenge.

I've already limited the music I've loaded on my phone, and I'll be utilizing the Smart DJ/Zune Pass. And I've cut down on my unused apps and podcasts.

But is there a good way to limit the pictures I keep on my phone? Like maybe auto upload them to SkyDrive, and delete them from the phone. Has anyone utilized that technique?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If you auto upload to Skydrive they are saved in a lower resolution so that wouldnt be my first choice. Maybe changing the res to take pics in less than 5MP or set them to auto sync over wifi and have zune delete the copies on the phone but keep copies on the pc.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You could change the settings for Pictures to manual sync only. After you're done taking pics just transfer them to your PC and delete them from your phone. With manual sync you won't have to worry about them automatically transferring back to your phone.

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
So it sounds like a good solution would be to auto upload to skydrive (so I can look at them on my phone later--even if they're low-res); then use the suggestion to manually sync them to my computer. Though I wouldn't be able to take addvantage of the WiFi sync, right?

Hmm...

Thanks for the suggestions!

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I use wifi sync, then manually delete all photos I don't want on the phone. They stay on the PC and don't get synced back to the phone unless I tell Zune to do that. Works pretty well.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I upload what I want to SkyDrive then delete everything, unless I just want a few on the phone to look at. The same goes for music, really. I'm not a DJ; I don't need my entire music library on my phone. I just keep whatever I'm interested in at the moment and swap things in and out when I feel like it.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Picasa+ is a great app for storage... Here's the trick to free unlimited storage though - Make a folder called "Instant Uploads" on your Picasa account. Then upload all your images to that folder (it's the same one that Android uses for Google+ instant uploads) and they won't count against your 'free' Google storage.

The images are full size, fast to upload over Wi-Fi and you can delete them all from your device immediately. Then you can browse your images using your Picasa+ App and never have to worry about them again.

The drawback to this - from what I can tell, you have to upload images one at a time since there is no multi-select option. Hopefully there will be a paid version with that option soon!

Also - for music, iHeartRadio's app is really stellar. I hadn't seen that one mentioned yet, but it works great a the gym for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss