New HTC firmware update - changes?

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Mostly the Titan update that's been mentioned in the news, but those of us who have unbranded Radars got one as well.

No official news from what I can tell, so let's see what we can spot besides the new version numbers.

I think something has been changed when it comes to the volume of the external speaker. It feels like the lower settings actually are low now. When it came to some games even 01 could feel to loud when playing at night, but I after trying a few games I'm pretty sure the speaker volume has been tamed a bit at the low end.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
No one has an official list of changes.

The lack of one was sort of the point of the thread. :cool:

I'm trying to remember if I've had to restart the wifi since the update, and I'm pretty sure that I haven't. Might be plain luck, but I get the feeling this is the longest I've gone without doing it since January.

MoonlitReigns

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile branded Radar 4g. I don't see any update yet if there will be one. Firmware updates for me is like Christmastime for a 10 year old.. I need help I know.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
The branding/carrier thing you have is a strange deal. A bit like needing the approval of the contractor who paved your driveway before the mechanic can adjust the brakes on your car.

nodrogkam

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
The branding/carrier thing you have is a strange deal. A bit like needing the approval of the contractor who paved your driveway before the mechanic can adjust the brakes on your car.

its mostly because our carriers have their own software (most of which is bloatware) and need to make sure their software and the hardware will still work on their network. ultimately it comes down to the fact that most people call their carrier when they run into problems, not the manufacturer. therefore the carrier's employees must get documentation about the update and any technical notes before an update is pushed out.
unfortunately this delays the process significantly (in most cases).

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
its mostly because our carriers have their own software (most of which is bloatware) and need to make sure their software and the hardware will still work on their network. ultimately it comes down to the fact that most people call their carrier when they run into problems, not the manufacturer. therefore the carrier's employees must get documentation about the update and any technical notes before an update is pushed out.
unfortunately this delays the process significantly (in most cases).

Sorry, its basically down to carrier's greed and wanting to control the options available to clueless consumers so that they have no option but to upgrade to new devices and sign new contracts when bug fixes and updates are witheld from older devices. We've seen enough crap phone to confirm that carriers do only minimal testing and dont give a toss about whether any device they release has bugs or not.

nodrogkam

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, its basically down to carrier's greed and wanting to control the options available to clueless consumers so that they have no option but to upgrade to new devices and sign new contracts when bug fixes and updates are witheld from older devices. We've seen enough crap phone to confirm that carriers do only minimal testing and dont give a toss about whether any device they release has bugs or not.

Though I do not disagree with your statements and claims, for better or for worse, I'm a bi t more optimistic. At the end of the day they're here to make as much profit as they can, and with no government wireless carrier and powerless regulators, consumers are left "stimulating" the economy.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss