HELP!! Can't Open Cellular in Settings

Ssai

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why this is happening.. I want to turning off my data connection but when I go to Setting->Cellular
I cannot go inside the cellular menu but I can open others like about phone, theme, ringtones, etc.
If I use airplane mode I will not get any call and SMS and if I don't turn off the data connection it will drain my battery. Please Help me...

Ssai

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
Did you update officially using Zune, or 78'r? Even officially with "proper" update notice, I had this happen to me. It required a hard-reset to fix. If you did via 78'r, did you select all languages correctly?

No, I didn't get update officially using zune.. I have tried to hard reset but it's still can't open the cellular sub menu. What did you mean 'bout select all languages correctly?

Ssai

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Then you *may* have not selected the languages for your phone correctly in the tool you used to update your phone. This has lead to your device lacking the files needed to open them menus. Can you get to Settings => region+language and see what the "Display Language" shows? Once you know them, or if you know which you had on your device before attempting the update then we can get your device working again correctly. What OS version did you originally have on the device before you updated to 7.8?

I've check it and the region is English (US), the OS I get now 7.10.7720.68

Ssai

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I'm sorry I didn't read the thread correctly. Looks like you've not updated your phone in anyway, yet you're still having this issue (which normally happens due to missing language files). I needed to hard reset (this is to bring the device to hardware defaults, wipe it clean) twice for it to begin to work. Please try again.

You are running Mango, basically the first OS the Radar came with. The Radar (unless carrier restricts it) did receive the 7.8 update, however I suggest you fix this issue first before attempting to update.
I have been hard reset it twice but still can't open it . . :(

Ssai

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Really weird issue. Have your powered down your device, removed the sim card and cleaned it? Have at all tried to manually update the device?
yes I have remove and clean it but still no changed at all. Do you have the link to manual update the device?

Ssai

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
yap I have test it without a sim card and still not working.. how to display languages list? Is it important to have the display languages?

Ssai

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I remember.. I download a language for update to 7.8 but I only download the english(US) and aftr that my phone can't open the cellular menu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)