Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    3,646 Global Posts
    Anyone else seeing that their sounds are starting to stutter when playing?

I am using the Alert 06 and it plays fine when i select it, but when I get an actual notification it stutters halfway through it.

what the....?

yeah, experiencing something similar with Alert 5 on text messages. I'll get a double notification usually, and it's pretty obnoxious. I was thinking about creating a thread for this problem also, haha. Would definitely like to see a fix for this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Ditto...wonder what causes it in the Surround and not the other phones

I see this also on my Surround. I'll bet this is related to resume/poor sd card throughput issues. My contact at MS says there is a known issue with the sd performance on the Surround and it should be patched in the Jan/Feb update. I would wager this will get resolved by that.

Quote Originally Posted by mittortz View Post
    yeah, experiencing something similar with Alert 5 on text messages. I'll get a double notification usually, and it's pretty obnoxious. I was thinking about creating a thread for this problem also, haha. Would definitely like to see a fix for this.
    I think I might know what you are talking about. When I get a new text, I just get the regular alert. When I get a text in response to a recent text or a second text from that same person within a reasonable amount of time, the regular alert sounds with a little extra note or sound. I believe this is by design to imply that it isn't a new conversation but a response to a current ongoing one.

At least in my experience, the "extra" bit is not the same as the chosen notification so it isn't a true double notification.

Very hard to explain this without playing the sounds!

Quote Originally Posted by elgorbo View Post
    I think I might know what you are talking about. When I get a new text, I just get the regular alert. When I get a text in response to a recent text or a second text from that same person within a reasonable amount of time, the regular alert sounds with a little extra note or sound. I believe this is by design to imply that it isn't a new conversation but a response to a current ongoing one.

At least in my experience, the "extra" bit is not the same as the chosen notification so it isn't a true double notification.

Very hard to explain this without playing the sounds!
    Interesting theory! I would agree, except in my experience the double/extra notification isn't consistent. Sometimes it will kinda stutter and play the "extra bit", and sometimes it will play the full alert and then again a second full time. Also, the amount of time between the first and duplicate notification varies between a half second and up to almost 2 seconds. I wouldn't be annoyed as much if this were by design (b/c then it would be useful!), but it feels much more like a bug.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I hear it too. I agree, it's not consistent and think it's some kind of bug.