Slight Oreo effect

nVd

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So far the surround has been amazing but has anyone noticed a slight oreo effect on the screen when it is in the closed position?

nVd

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It is when you have the slider in the closed position and it twists a bit when you jiggle it back and forth. The screen also seems to move up and down slightly when you type on it. It just seems like they didn't seal it as well when the phone doesn't have the speaker out.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Haha I haven't heard someone call that jiggle theoreo effect. I have to start using that term more.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The term "Oreo effect" originated on precentral within a few weeks of the launch of the Palm Pre. The effect is more than a slight looseness or jiggle. Some users reported that the screen and keyboard/battery halves of their Pre actually rotated several mm in opposite directions, just like twisting an Oreo apart to get at the creamy white filling. My Pre had this, though not as bad as some others. Quality control on the Pre was horrendous for the first 6 months or more of production. Those were dark times, my friends. Dark times.

Sent from my greenpois0ned iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's an extreme example of the Oreo effect on a Palm Pre.

wow_how_did_this_happen_01.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism