anyone else notice a squeaky battery door?

Manuelitoohno

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
between the camera button and the volume keys the door seems to be squeaky when ever you put a little pressure on it. which sucks because it feels cheaply made. Does anyone else have this issue?

mittortz

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I definitely do not have this issue, I think you should exchange it. Mine is also totally solid. The only gripe I have with the battery cover is that it nearly causes you to pull the phone apart! I'm pretty sure I created a larger gap between the two halves the very first time I put the battery in.

vailjo91#WP

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I dont have this issue at all and I havent seen it on any other phones and I just asked my other rep Rob he said he has not seen it either.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been switching my sim card back and forth between my Surround and Torch, trying to decide which i like better.

The Surround is less solid because of this..slight squeaks all around. Of course, the Torch had this well documented issue as well, a couple pieces of electrical tape on the battery cover and they went away (pretty much).

May try this on the surround. Although, I notice sometimes, it's not as bad..perhaps there's an exact "right spot" when snapping on the Surround case.

Hombaca05

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
May try this on the surround. Although, I notice sometimes, it's not as bad..perhaps there's an exact "right spot" when snapping on the Surround case.

After a month I too noticed the squeaky battery door between the camera button and volume rocker, however after just taking the door off and snapping it back it has stopped for now. Perhaps this guy is on to something...

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been switching my sim card back and forth between my Surround and Torch, trying to decide which i like better.

The Surround is less solid because of this..slight squeaks all around. Of course, the Torch had this well documented issue as well, a couple pieces of electrical tape on the battery cover and they went away (pretty much).

Did you try the tape thing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99