Stuck on White HTC Screen

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So my phone turned off tonight (battery drained while I wasnt using it) and I went to plug it in and its stuck on the white HTC screen. Ive left it for about 20 minutes and still hasnt changed.

HTC's forums say do this "Press the Vol Up and Vol Down keys while you power the device on then you'll have a prompt to reset the device.

Note: You will lose all your pictures and other data on the device."

I dont like that last part. It worked for some but not others and needed to be returned. Anyone else with this issue?

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
that didnt work. i left it out all night and still nothing. after talking to amazon wireless my phone is on its way to texas so HTC can fix whatever is wrong with it. 2.5 weeks, I sent it next day shipping hoping to cut that time down. Didnt think Id be back on my iPhone 4 so soon.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
You should have just done the hard reset, which was what you mentioned in your original post. HTC is most likely going to do the same thing and you will still lose all your data. But luckily for us, most of our data are backed up by Hotmail, Gmail, Skydrive and Zune software.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well they got it on thursday of last week and I got an email the next day saying it was on its way back. no specifics about what they did. Im assuming when I get the paperwork itll say something. I did the hard reset and didnt work, Im gonna guess they got it working some other way. I'll find out on or about the 24th

litepink

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
This happened to mine today. Removed the battery, tried a hard reset. I called customer service and had me try the same things, and see if there was water damage.

They gave me the option of getting it mailed, which they said could take 6 business days, or drive to the closest service center to get a new one.

So, i'm taking a little 50 mile road trip tomorrow to get my replacement.:straight:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Happened to me last night, playing geoDefense. The phone just turned off. Couldn't get it to charge back up. Plugged it in to the wall charger, waited till I saw the white HTC screen, did the hard reset using the said 3 hardware buttons. Everything is up and running again.

What worries me though, is this the norm? I mean, will I have to do a hard reset every time my battery drains down completely?

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
well it happened to me again on tuesday. this time it happened when I got a notification of a message on facebook. I opened the app and it closed. tried opening the app and it closed. the phone was plugged in and fully charged on my laptop. so I rebooted and it got stuck on the white boot logo. So it happened in feb and now in july. tried the soft and hard reset.

its on its way, again to texas to their repair center. something interesting to the person helping me and to myself, the REI numbers were different. The lady told me they actually just gave me a new device the 1st time, not a reburb. I started thinking to myself that seemed odd and maybe there's a known issue with the device and HTC is just replacing them.

gdlilgirl

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
htc crap

SAME exact thing happened to me when i clicked on facebook and it just shut down and now im stuck on the same white htc screen you described and hard reset does not work :mad::mad:

Beetusman

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Working in the cell phone repair industry I run in to this problem from time to time. Most of the time it appears to be a faulty internal SD card causing the issue. Opening up the device and replacing the SD card generally resolves the problem.

wpGrant

May 7, 2012
Visit site
mine does the same thing. I just have to do a hard reset than it works for another day or two than I have to reset it again. I have been doing this for about 1/2 a year and its really annoying. I've heard its the micro sd card and it needs to be replaced

evawill

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
hard reset htc Surround

So my phone turned off tonight (battery drained while I wasnt using it) and I went to plug it in and its stuck on the white HTC screen. Ive left it for about 20 minutes and still hasnt changed.

HTC's forums say do this "Press the Vol Up and Vol Down keys while you power the device on then you'll have a prompt to reset the device.

Note: You will lose all your pictures and other data on the device."

I dont like that last part. It worked for some but not others and needed to be returned. Anyone else with this issue?

hi Downhillrider..

the procedure you have mentioned is called "hard reset". i also think that a hard reset is the only solution for this issue. as far as the data is concerned, so it should not be a problem at all because you can easily get it back via backup. last but not the least-there are two ways to perform a hard rest on HTC Surround. here is the full procedure:-

http://howmobile.net/htc/2486-how-hard-reset-htc-surround.html:excl:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills