New Surround user here!

nuforce91

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Been browsing this forum recently and decided to join!

I have been using this beast since last week and it gave the the dumb storage card is not compliant error every time it reset on me. WTF? There is nowhere I can replace the storage card. Called for a replacement and it should come in by Monday.

Other than that, I love my Surround and will love it even more on Monday and if God can remove the unnecessary speaker haha.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPC! Surround is a great device, but opted for the Focus instead. It's WP, so no matter what your device choice is, it'll be an awesome one.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You will be surprised with the speaker. When you play a YouTube video for someone and slide up that speaker, their eyes and ears will open wide. Can actually fill a room with music. I wouldn't pay extra for the speaker, but the extra 1.2mm and a few grams are a small price for the best sound you will get out of a phone.

Sucks about your first Surround. Have had mine since launch day and no hardware issues at all. Had some problems with alarms freezing my device and it doing funky things when plugging in headphones while listening to music. But a hard reset seems to have made those issues go away.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

nuforce91

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Well it was a phone off craigslist so at least the warranty was intact and no damage was done to the device. If I bought it new, then maybe the issue would have never occurred.

Also, the speaker is really loud. Try turning the volume all the way up and just dialing a number; it is unnecessarily loud.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If it's something you're looking for, the speakers really does make a difference. I started with the Focus and ended up with the Surround.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3