has anyone figured out how to edit the apn?

eightypea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Att.mvno works for getting me the 4G on straight talk which is awesome, but I can't edit it to receive picture messages and between the two, 4G is more important but id reallyy like to have picture messaging. Has anyone figured out a way to do it?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Can you help me get data working?

I just posted this in the Titan forum:

I have a Titan 2 and just got Straight Talk. The phone and texts are working but I can't get data. I read that you guys were able to get it. I have tried entering all the the information from Straight Talk in the APN settings, doing a battery pull but that didn't work. I also tried just entering att.mvno and leaving everything else blank and doing a battery pull, but nothing.

Any advice? In order to do a battery pull on the Titan 2 I just remove the sim card backing. I can't actually remove the battery, but this should do the same thing.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
how long has your phone been active on ST? It took about 18 hours to get my data working, but this was with the assistance of a ST rep on Facebook.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
how long has your phone been active on ST? It took about 18 hours to get my data working, but this was with the assistance of a ST rep on Facebook.

30 minutes. Maybe that is why?? I am calling them now. Well...I hung up before I got a rep. The recording said it could take up to an hour to get data working. Guess I was excited to test everything. If it doesnt work in a few hours I will post back and call them.

Thanks for your help.

eightypea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you help me get data working?

I just posted this in the Titan forum:

I have a Titan 2 and just got Straight Talk. The phone and texts are working but I can't get data. I read that you guys were able to get it. I have tried entering all the the information from Straight Talk in the APN settings, doing a battery pull but that didn't work. I also tried just entering att.mvno and leaving everything else blank and doing a battery pull, but nothing.

Any advice? In order to do a battery pull on the Titan 2 I just remove the sim card backing. I can't actually remove the battery, but this should do the same thing.

It sounds like what happened with my girlfriend's phone. She tried my sim in her phone and the data worked just fine, and data wouldn't work on my phone with her sim in it. We called and complained because the inept Cr rep kept insisting it was her lack of apn settings and it was indeed her sim. She told the rep it was an issue with the sim, he fixed it (needed phone turned off while he activated data plan so call from a diff phone) and she got credit for the day it wasn't working. Try this route, hope it works for you guys.

eightypea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My port, my girlfriend's port, and her data issues were resolved immediately when we called. I got tired of waiting. It seems they can help you right away, just complain.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like what happened with my girlfriend's phone. She tried my sim in her phone and the data worked just fine, and data wouldn't work on my phone with her sim in it. We called and complained because the inept Cr rep kept insisting it was her lack of apn settings and it was indeed her sim. She told the rep it was an issue with the sim, he fixed it (needed phone turned off while he activated data plan so call from a diff phone) and she got credit for the day it wasn't working. Try this route, hope it works for you guys.

Data is up an running. I called and they did something to my account and now it works. I had to remove all of the APN settings excpet for the name, att.mvno. Of course the Rep started to tell me it will not get data since I can not update the MMS information. I told her it started working without the MMS information, and she said "I am glad you were able to get the MMS input." Not the best call I ever placed.

eightypea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Data is up an running. I called and they did something to my account and now it works. I had to remove all of the APN settings excpet for the name, att.mvno. Of course the Rep started to tell me it will not get data since I can not update the MMS information. I told her it started working without the MMS information, and she said "I am glad you were able to get the MMS input." Not the best call I ever placed.

yeaaaaaah...they're not winning any customer service awards anytime soon

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
for all intents and purposes they do not have customer service. If you need hand holding you pay more and go with ATT...those ridiculous rates you pay cover the overhead to train the ATT monkeys to help you.

kaiser10123

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I thought it had worked for me before but still no pic mail I had always emailed pics before on other phone because I used google voice. Does wp7 have any free text message apps like gv that do mms as well?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

lilmissbubble4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out yet how to edit the apn settings to get data working? I unlocked my htc titan 2 which was with at&t and I switched to net10 and I can get all of the text messages but no data. I have tried changing all of the settings in the apn and nothing seems to be working. I'm getting very frustrated that I paid all this money to get data and nothing has worked. I put att.mvno and restarting and no luck. I've put wap.tracfone and left everything else blank and no luck. Please can anyone help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6