05-01-2012 01:32 AM
- I work in a location that my AT&T reception is terrible. Reception is on/off throughout the day. So here's my issue with my new TITAN II-- when I leave work and go to a full reception area my data doesn't work. I wait a few minutes and nothing. After hours in full reception areas my data still doesn't work on the phone (I can get/make calls and text msgs but not reliable). The only thing that fixes the issue is restarting my phone. I talked to the AT&T folks and they said I needed a new SIM card, which I did replace. Issue still present.
So my question is: does anyone else have this issue? you think I have a defective phone? I've had many other phones in the past that never had this issue (iPhone, Android, BB, original TITAN).04-19-2012 10:29 AM
- THANK GOD.
I have the same issue. It's not the sim card. It's not some random phone issue lol.
Whenever I lose data, I cannot get data back without either a restart or a turning airplane mode on off (<-). I've had the phone replaced, the sim replaced, etc. Same problem.
I like the phone too much to switch for a different phone, but switching between T2s didn't do anything.
The reason I said thank god is cuz now i know it just isn't me :P.04-19-2012 01:54 PMLike 1
- THANK GOD is right! lol
Glad to hear that it's not just my phone, and glad to hear that you already did the phone replacement so I don't do it since I was just about to call for one. It is unfortuate though that it didn't fix anything. I'm in the exact same boat as you-- I don't want to get rid of the phone because I like it too much. Guess we just have to deal with this issue until there is a fix or something.04-19-2012 02:00 PM
- That's my plan. It sucks, but it is what it is. Unless you're in Michigan and got it from the same ATT store, lol ;P
Other than that, I've called them up, had them mess with the switches and data connection (resetting), switching out the phone, etc. Nothing works :(
But do the airplane mode thing instead of resetting :P.
(The worst experience I've had so far with this though is I drove under a bridge and lost my connection for a second so I lost my GPS til I went into AP/Out of AP mode :()04-19-2012 02:07 PMLike 1
- Sounds similar to the issue im having with my lumia, which was fine before te update to fix data connectivity issues. Wondering if it is some sort of LTE network issue and not the phones per se. Or a wider OS issue related to WP7 lte phones.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express04-19-2012 06:56 PM
- I'm having connectivity issues too. I purchased the HTC Titan II 3 days ago and its ability to connect to the internet has been very sporadic, but not only that, I've had trouble receiving text messages with media content too. Sometimes when I turn the phone off and back on that remedies the problem momentarily, but eventually the same issue arises. I've gone back to the store 3 times. Each time a new SIM card was given. The final time, he said it's probably the 4G card so he put in a 3G card. This worked for a while ( I stayed in the store to download my apps) but when I got home and tried accessing the internet without my home WIFI, it couldn't connect.
This phone cost too much and it is not at all convenient to have to constantly turn my phone off and on to access the internet. I love having a windows phone but I need a phone with a large screen, and the Lumia is smaller than Titan II so I'm seriously considering getting the Galaxy Note. My husband has a Note and he hasn't had any problems.04-23-2012 07:31 PM
- Mahadevarise- It's an unfortunate issue that I wish had more publicity so some kind of fix was in the works but it's not. Sucks that you have to leave your TII for an Android but you have to get what will suit your needs. Luckily for me, I only have this problem a couple times a week (when I have to go through certain places at work) so it's not bad enough to push me in getting rid of my TII.04-24-2012 04:18 PM
- Again, this sounds exactly like what is happening with my lumia 900. About to exchange it for one of another color (they have no cyan in the store, unsure when they'll get more. With reports of this affecting both lumias and titan lte enabled phones I really wonder if there is a bug of some sort with these third generation phones. Might be time to sell this and head on over to enemy territory and pick up the unlocked galaxy nexus google started selling today or hold out till the sixth and look at the one x.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express04-24-2012 06:34 PM
- I emailed this issue to HTC and this is the reply I received:
"I am sorry to hear that you are having connectivity issues with your Titan II.
I am happy to advise you that this is currently under analysis. We do not, however, have any specific information as to what the resolution will be or how it will be delivered. Please keep an eye on our social media outlets and also your phone itself for any update notifications."04-25-2012 11:16 AM
- I lived with these EXACT issues on my Titan 1 and on my HTC HD7!!!
I'm starting to think it's and HTC issue
UNINSTALL EVERY HTC app...that lessened the frequency for me...might wanna try that, not a great option but that made me not want to smash my phone everyday...also to reason i won't touch another HTC04-25-2012 07:27 PM
- Same issue here. I consistently get full bars in 4G and LTE areas, but constantly losing my data connection. Either need to restart phone or do the airplane mode trick to get it back. IT BLOWS! Not sure why this is happening but I hope something gets resolved. I'm already on my 2nd Titan 2 and have been back and forth with AT&T for the past 5 days. I really like the phone and would hate to give it up. Does the Lumia have any of these same issues?04-26-2012 03:55 PM
- 04-30-2012 12:12 PM
- 04-30-2012 03:13 PM
- 05-01-2012 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD