Titan II battery drain issues.

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I've been using my Titan II for about 10 days now and I've encountered a weird battery drain issue that I first noticed this past Friday during my battery test/monitoring activities.
I left my house with a full charge and 5 minutes later I already lost 2% battery charge. I normally could check Facebook and Twitter, check a couple of webpages and still be at 100%. The phone then started losing 3-5 % charge every hour without any use. I normally lost 1% every hour/2 hours.
Nothing has changed between my first days of usage and now. It's still 1 push email, another email polling every hour and the wpcentral app, weather app and iss tracker app in the background. Before the first full day of use, I had installed all my apps that I had on my Focus and let the battery drain then gave it a full charge. I don't think it's an issue with the radio being LTE because this problem would have manifested itself during the first few days.
I let the battery drain to 3 % tonight and it's on the charger. If that doesn't do the trick, I will delete then re-add the email accounts. After that,my only choice is a hard reset and hope that works.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful

Tikerz

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a MicroCell at home? I read that the Lumia 900 was experiencing battery drain problems when connected to a MicroCell.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I lose about 4% per hour while the phone is asleep. LTE & WiFi on, 4 email accounts (2 push, 1/60min, 1/30min), 5 background tasks + Location turned on. You 5% sounds a little high with what you have running, but it could be caused by a sudden change in you data signal. Mine has been pretty consistent the past couple weeks.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Muskym

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a htc titan 2 yet, but I'm getting one soon. I was just trying to find how long the battery lasts and found this. Its possible you could have left your wifi on, but one way to save power though is to go to settings, then turn on battery saver, you will have to get email manually, but that doesn't really matter, battery saver works extremely well

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
FYI, WiFi uses nearly 0% energy when your screen is off, as WiFi turns off after 30 seconds. My tests showed maybe 2-4% drain per day. WiFi is also more efficient, battery wise, than LTE.

Battery Saver is a nice feature, but turning it on stops; Live Tile push updates, Background Tasks that make calls to the Web, and all email syncing. So basically disables the best features of WP. Testing showed about a 40% savings per hour while your phone is sleeping. So if your are draining 5%/hour, Battery Saver might get you 3% instead. Ok, for special situations, but I need my phone to update. That's why they invented chargers after all.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
FYI, WiFi uses nearly 0% energy when your screen is off, as WiFi turns off after 30 seconds. My tests showed maybe 2-4% drain per day. WiFi is also more efficient, battery wise, than LTE.

Battery Saver is a nice feature, but turning it on stops; Live Tile push updates, Background Tasks that make calls to the Web, and all email syncing. So basically disables the best features of WP. Testing showed about a 40% savings per hour while your phone is sleeping. So if your are draining 5%/hour, Battery Saver might get you 3% instead. Ok, for special situations, but I need my phone to update. That's why they invented chargers after all.

I actually use battery saver as a sound profile. Since it turns off push, I don't get any e-mails while I'm sleeping, but it'll still alert me to important calls or texts.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I actually use battery saver as a sound profile. Since it turns off push, I don't get any e-mails while I'm sleeping, but it'll still alert me to important calls or texts.
That's a creative use for Battery Saver. Good idea.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Thought about this. Good idea, but as Battery Saver (option2) turns off as soon as you plug your phone in, no overnight charging. That would be a problem. Maybe earplugs instead.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Thought about this. Good idea, but as Battery Saver (option2) turns off as soon as you plug your phone in, no overnight charging. That would be a problem. Maybe earplugs instead.

Yup that's true, though some people say charging your device overnight is bad. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but since I get such good battery life I don't need to charge it overnight. Instead I'm just topping off the battery whenever I get the chance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros