Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have a volume rocker that is nearly flush with the case and very to hard to press? The camera shutter button sits clearly above the case and I can definitely feel it and both of its stages of depression. However, the volume rocker is a differently story. I wonder if this one I got is defective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Does anyone else have a volume rocker that is nearly flush with the case and very to hard to press? The camera shutter button sits clearly above the case and I can definitely feel it and both of its stages of depression. However, the volume rocker is a differently story. I wonder if this one I got is defective.
    Yeah the manufacturing tolerance is tight. Just the design.

Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I decided to head to the Microsoft Store today and compare their 6 demo models to my phone and concluded that mine was defective. The demo models all had volume rockers that clearly sat above the casing and were much easier to press and gave a much more tactile "click" when pressed. I spoke with a manager there and they agree to replace mine on the spot! The new one is perfect.

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Oh wow, I think I have this problem too. The down button feels like it's recessed compared to the up button, and as a result, gives me less feedback when I press it. I guess I'll stop by the Microsoft Store sometime this week.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013