Htc titan 2 for tmobile

keem5

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I love windows phones especially big screen one... so i bought the Titan 2..
I bought a month old Htc Titan 2 that was used for At&t. I am getting ready to unlock it and use it for Tmobile but Does it really work well (voice, data, text)? i didnt find much information online. I read the forum here there were some media text issues and such but not much.
should i switch to tmobile ? the reason i like to switch to tmobile and not use at&t because of their expensive plans... tmobile offers 500mins voice +data+text for $50.
is this a good plan?

any information, advice greatly appreciated:confused::straight:.

thank you thank you...:)

mikju29ro

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I got an unlocked at&t Titan 2 and now i am able to use it in Italy with TIM. The only feature that is still blocked by at&t is Internet sharing

mikju29ro

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Internet sharing is the option that allow you to share your Internet connection through wi fi, that is a kind of personal hotspot. it is a Windows phone out of the box feature.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you in the US? You can use Straight Talk and not unlock the phone. It's $50 a month for unlimited minutes, texts and "data". Right now with Straight Talk MMS does not work. That is because HTC does not currently allow users to edit all of the APN settings. Word is there may be a fix soon to add more profiles.

I have not had any issues with my Titan 2. Works well for me.

keem5

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
i switched to tmobile already, of course i got it unlocked first... so far it works just fine... i will keep you guys posted if there are any issues. i looked at several stores and there are not accessories for titan 2..weird..:confused:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
i switched to tmobile already, of course i got it unlocked first... so far it works just fine... i will keep you guys posted if there are any issues. i looked at several stores and there are not accessories for titan 2..weird..:confused:

Check out your local AT&T store. They should have accessories, cases and other items.

keem5

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Check out your local AT&T store. They should have accessories, cases and other items.
AT&T local stores are interested in you only if you are into buying a big plan. i got some accessories from an online website... cheaper and more variety.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
AT&T local stores are interested in you only if you are into buying a big plan. i got some accessories from an online website... cheaper and more variety.

You said you couldn't find any accessories. Well they have them at the At&t store. not sure what you mean by they are only interested in the big plan. You go in and be put on the list, they help you in the order that you come in at. They don't mind if you buy accessories, just pick them out and then you pay for them.

keem5

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
this is the third day, love this phone it does what it suppose to. its simple and not confusing. t-mobile data is super slow in my area, i am glad this phone is capable wi-fi.
to unlock the phone; i actually got it from ebay cost me only $4.98.

keem5

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Keen, are you able to get 4G on the T-mobile network?

Nope.. it just shows E as in 2G speed. slow but just enough to download my emails and do a google search and such... am i happy not really... i may switch to att next month. Tmobile's prepaid plans are non refundable. i like to try the 4g lt from att's network.

too bad, such nice phone but only at att...

mikju29ro

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
AT&T unlocked Titan 2 works well in Italy with TIM carrier....except for internet sharing feature about which I was unable to get "free" from AT&T :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3