Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave Blake
  • 1 Post By trazer
  • 1 Post By cp2_4eva
  • 1 Post By rdubmu

Global Posts
    3,509 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    My experience with the original Titan was a complete horror. A nightmare filled, never seeming to end hamster wheel of a fault filled device then reloading the Titan after getting a new unit only to find that a whole new set of faults were in the replacement device. I swear I know about half of the warranty operators by name and we might even be exchanging Christmas Cards. The only thing I was sure of as time went by was that I would never give HTC the time of day again. We would fight through this, get my Wife a new phone to replace it, and the letters "HTC" would be scratched out of my Moblie alphabet forever.

But, a funny thing happened on the way to the funeral pyre. We got a new Titan 2 instead of another replacement Titan. And.... the silly thing works. Works really, really well.

The call quality is excellent. The phone is responsive and dependable which is expected with WP devices. My Wife is enjoying the camera, learning how to work the settings and optimizing it as she goes. Her only complaint is the shutter speed, but otherwise she is enjoying it.

The feel of the device is great, something I have always liked about HTC devices dating back to the Aria. I like a little bulk to my phones, and HTC makes solid feeling equipment. The screen is very good, even if my wife likes the white background which I find to be freaking blinding. She loves some of the extras in the HTC Hub, and I truly enjoyed playing around during the set-up.

I am not ready to say they are back in our good graces, but I am slowly seeing what they CAN do when they decide to make a serious device. The T2 is a serious device.

Unfortunately, the Titan showed me why they are falling out of marketshare as well. No support and no software fixes. I can't totally let them off the hook for that.

But I am paying attention again, and I do want a WP 8.......
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I played with the Titan 2 and a Lumia 900 in an AT&T store one time and I preferred the Titan. I wish my HTC Trophy was a better device though. It hasn't been that great of an experience. I am using an HTC Rezound android at the moment and it is a very good phone. Like you said when HTC puts their mind to it they make nice stuff.

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    I played with the Titan 2 and a Lumia 900 in an AT&T store one time and I preferred the Titan. I wish my HTC Trophy was a better device though. It hasn't been that great of an experience. I am using an HTC Rezound android at the moment and it is a very good phone. Like you said when HTC puts their mind to it they make nice stuff.
    so you are more of a HTC person. and you're on Verizon. but i'm guessing the HTC zenith is very likely going to verizon I guess. which is good for you. since you got a trophy :)
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    so you are more of a HTC person. and you're on Verizon. but i'm guessing the HTC zenith is very likely going to verizon I guess. which is good for you. since you got a trophy :)
    I'm open minded, but I really want a Nokia with pure view. Whatever I get will be a high end device.

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    I'm open minded, but I really want a Nokia with pure view. Whatever I get will be a high end device.
    maybe not a full pureview. but a mid range phone with a 16 pureview camera. should be more like that

high end. 20mp pureview camera
    mid range 12mp pureview camera or 16mp
    low end 8mp pureview camera
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    3,509 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I wish my HTC Trophy was a better device though. It hasn't been that great of an experience.
    I sure feel that pain. When we were trying to decide which carrier we were going to go with, I was really sure I was going to go with WP7. Verizon is the strongest carrier in our area, and I spent many hours over three trips at a Verizon store trying to talk myself into liking the Trophy. I just didn't. I loved the Arrive (Sprint's service in my little rural area was complete crap), and I loved the HD7S at AT&T. But the Trophy just seemed like a cramped, awkward device. (Most users love it, although they are ready for new.) I like there are WP choices coming to Big Red. I am glad the Rezound is working for you.

Which most likely proves my complaint from above. Is there ANY company in the mobile world that is so hot and cold as HTC? Either they have wonderful, top notch devices that make for a great experience, or they put out a nails-on-the-chalkboard type of get on your last nerve device. Nothing in between.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I am glad you are liking the T2. I have owned most of the GSM WP first and second generation devices the only one I still have is the T2. I feel it is the strongest player in WP at this time.

I will be very glad when Horizon gets a new WP it will be a real shot in the arm for this community. There are a lot of people on Big Red that want a WP and once they get it they will be a real asset to this community.
    snowmutt likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post

I will be very glad when Horizon gets a new WP it will be a real shot in the arm for this community. There are a lot of people on Big Red that want a WP and once they get it they will be a real asset to this community.
    When Verizon starts selling WP8 I can't wait to go into the store and see how the attitudes of the sales reps change towards WP. Right now at my local store most of them look down on WP.

In regards to HTC if they sold something like a Titan 3 with HTC One X hardware I would probably be all over that phone.

My Titan II is ok, and much better call quality and sound than my HD7s was, but the build quality is suspect at best. Brand new phone when I got it, and my screen moves in and out of the casing in a couple of places, specifically bad in the upper left area of the case. It also snaps and pops and sound bad at the line under the camera where the seam is at. Something is not tight there and it makes noise at times during normal usage for me which is odd.

I had no build quality issues on my last one, really have never had any on any phone I've owned but this one has issues. It's okay though as it makes great calls and works well otherwise so no huge deal. Still enough to move me from HTC the next time though! I just want good quality and good function in a single device lol!
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    3,509 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by trazer View Post
    My Titan II is ok, and much better call quality and sound than my HD7s was, but the build quality is suspect at best. Brand new phone when I got it, and my screen moves in and out of the casing in a couple of places, specifically bad in the upper left area of the case. It also snaps and pops and sound bad at the line under the camera where the seam is at. Something is not tight there and it makes noise at times during normal usage for me which is odd.

I had no build quality issues on my last one, really have never had any on any phone I've owned but this one has issues. It's okay though as it makes great calls and works well otherwise so no huge deal. Still enough to move me from HTC the next time though! I just want good quality and good function in a single device lol!
    In one device, you say???

CRAZY TALK!!

:-)

HTC is decent at putting out items and making them work well out of the box. Where they fall off is the continued and timely support/updates of devices. Ya know, HTC has a hard time keeping up with the Jones's. I had that Rezound. Loved it. Just hated battery life and icons UI. If I never saw these operational live tiles, I'd still have a rezound and I would still be on Verizon. I like HTC products, but geez their support needs alot of work. I know them Taiwanese folks are smart! C'mon.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    maybe not a full pureview. but a mid range phone with a 16 pureview camera. should be more like that

high end. 20mp pureview camera
    mid range 12mp pureview camera or 16mp
    low end 8mp pureview camera
    20mp with 4x oversampling=5mp final image
    12mp=3mp final image
    8mp=2mp final image

Want to rethink your strategy there, hoss?

He called you hoss lol!

scottcraft likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cp2_4eva View Post
    HTC is decent at putting out items and making them work well out of the box. Where they fall off is the continued and timely support/updates of devices. Ya know, HTC has a hard time keeping up with the Jones's. I had that Rezound. Loved it. Just hated battery life and icons UI. If I never saw these operational live tiles, I'd still have a rezound and I would still be on Verizon. I like HTC products, but geez their support needs alot of work. I know them Taiwanese folks are smart! C'mon.

Battery life is the main negative to the Rezound. Other than that this phone has been quite a bit more reliable than my Trophy plus reception is so much better. I'm hoping the next WP HTC puts out on Verizon is closer to the Rezound end of the scale and not the Trophy end. I will definitely consider a top HTC WP.

HTC is heavily overlooked on many carriers. If their support was up to snuff, they could easily neon of the favorable options.

Global Posts
    1,448 Global Posts
    I am talking with ATT about my second Titan. I have a very helpful guy saying he is going to escalate my problems to someone up the chain. He is going to try to get it so I get a new phone instead of a Titan replacement. So hopefully it works and I get a new T2. Would make me happy for the rest of my contract. Or, maybe they will give me a free upgrade or something. Then I could get a 920 or Ativ. That would be awesome. Nice to hear that if I do get a T2 replacement for my faulty T1 that I will at least get better calls. My T1 sounds like Trazer's phone. The bottom edge moves a mm or so when pressed on it. I can drop it into my cupholder from a few inches and the screen pops loose a little bit. Then the signal drops because the antenna disconnects from the case. Very annoying. I have found myself constantly pressing the bottom edge to make sure the case is clicked. I NEVER EVER had a problem with my original. It hit ceramic tile floors from 3' and didnt come apart. This thing pops apart by looking at it.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    How is the battery on the Titan II with the 1,730mAh? Will it last a full day with heavy use? I'm thinking that if only the 8X and the 822 come to Verizon, I might just get the 8X (unless there is something better coming within 1-2 months).

8X has the smallest battery (1800mAh) compared to the other flagships: 920 (2000mAh) and ATIV S (2300mAh). So just wondering how that will do. (Again, with really heavy use)
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    I'm pretty much stuck on HTC right now. I bought a lumia 900 on the Monday after it was released on Easter Sunday. Within a month I bought a NIB Titan 2 on eBay and sold the Nokia. When the WP8 phones came out I looked at the 920 & 8x several times b4 buying the 8x. I just like the HTC phones over the Nokias. Now I'm using the 8x and keeping the T2 in a drawer. I can't seem to bring myself to sell it on eBay. I love this phone! (I'm actually typing this post on it over wi-fi).
    Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express
    The titan 2 battery last all day for me. It is better than my Lumia 920. Titan 2 will go down as one of my favorite devices of all time..
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    banjaboo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    The titan 2 battery last all day for me. It is better than my Lumia 920. Titan 2 will go down as one of my favorite devices of all time..
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Do you have LTE where you're at? We just got LTE and I noticed the battery is draining alot faster...