Media not sending or receiving through text messages

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, it has been a couple weeks, and here is a problem I haven't heard of and can't figure out: I cannot send or receive any media through text messages. Any suggestions out there? This particularly aggravating because I do use pictures for work relates purposes. I can send them email, but it is not as convenient for me or someone I send them to who is not at their computer. Thoughts?? Am I missing something simple?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you've got cellular data turned on. As well 3g is preferred :) if you've got it turned off, just change it for a moment, and turn it off, while mms is sent. Also check access point settings:)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you've got cellular data turned on. As well 3g is preferred :) if you've got it turned off, just change it for a moment, and turn it off, while mms is sent. Also check access point settings:)

Every once in a while, I get reminded that just because I find mobile interesting and visit forums, I really do not know that much.

1) I am "on" under "Cellular" in the settings menu, but I see no place for 3G preference. Where in the name of Custer's bad battle plans is that?
2) I see nothing for "Access point settings" anywhere. Where in the name of Stevie Wonder's 20/20 vision is that??

Geez. Time for the Snowmutt to get his pencil and paper and go back to Windows Phone school.....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the thoughts and suggestions.... but so far not a thing has helped. Shutting off WiFi didn't help. I have changed settings I didn't know existed. I have stood outside to get a better signal, tried a couple Catholic blessings, and even considered cursing at it, which I try not to do. (Okay, okay, fine... I did curse at it. Desperate times, desperate measures. My kids were not around, I swear!! See the pun I threw out there?)

Looks like it is just a device quirk I will have to live with. Sigh...... HTC, I blame you....

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Wish I'd found this sooner.
I had this problem, and called AT&T about it. They had to fiddle with some settings on their end, and voila! MMS works on the Titan. I swap between a Titan II and a Tilt2 (like the keyboard), and so the Tilt2 looses the MMS functionality, but the Titan works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2