My next device who's with me

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Surely they will make something like it for the US CDMA networks at some point. Well im keeping my fingers crossed

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll let you know what it's like Big D5, only if you're good though. :)

(Still waiting patiently to see what my beloved Sammy brings to the table)

Hoping it's a larger Omnia 7 with FF camera. I just love it's design. I don't care a bit about storage space 8GB is more than enough for me.

But hey this isn't the Omnia forum so i shall now shut my cakehole. (Right who said thank goodness at the back? Grrr) :)

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'll toss my name in this hat but I'm verizon so it'll be 3 months after everyone else gets it or longer so....yeah. If they build it I will buy???

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely jump on this phone, but is there any hope at all of it coming to sprint?

I have 2 weeks to decide if I should keep my arrive or go back to my pre and waif for a new wp7 device...

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes you forget this is only one OEM, there are all the others still to arrive. Exciting times indeed. :)

I just have a sneaky feeling a newer version of the Quantum isn't gonna happen, which is fine I really don't need a better camera etc. The only thing that would make me jump is some crazy internal memory boost.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If it makes it to T-Mobile, or if there is an unlocked version that works on T-Mobile, I just might get the Titan. I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far. It looks to have a much better camera, WAY better build quality, and a better display than the HD7. They managed to address every shortcoming that their last-Gen phones have. All that remains to be seen is battery life.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I like it but I'm tied to Verizon and they haven't seemed too keen on WP7. Hopefully, the Mango update will get them more interested.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely jump on this phone, but is there any hope at all of it coming to sprint?

I have 2 weeks to decide if I should keep my arrive or go back to my pre and waif for a new wp7 device...

No chance at all. Doesn't look like anything is coming to Sprint or VZW any time soon.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I like everything about the Titan except the size. Nothing less than half a foot diagonally for me!! Seriously though, it's just too big for me. 4", possible 4.3" is about as large as I'm thinking I need. I'm not about to carry around a satchel just to tote my mobile around.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I like everything about the Titan except the size. Nothing less than half a foot diagonally for me!! Seriously though, it's just too big for me. 4", possible 4.3" is about as large as I'm thinking I need. I'm not about to carry around a satchel just to tote my mobile around.

That's what I said until I tried an EVO. Now I can't get a big
enough screen although this may be pushing it as far as it goes before it gets ridiculous (ala, Dell Streak).

Count me in.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

altoids2011

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had an Infuse before and that 4.5" phone has almost the same dimensions as this and it was quite manageable. The biggest problem was that the cheap plastic did not inspire confidence when held, and the biggest were the constant worries of bending or squishing the phone even in a large cargo pants pocket. I can go thin and big, just not thin and big AND cheap build. The Titan seems to solve the build quality part at least with its rigid metal chassis.

The HTC Titan is currently on my shortlist with the Nokia Sea Ray. I want to try WP7, and DON'T want anything made by Samsung (had them for like 5 phones already...).

The Titan though is far from ideal. For one, the design is one of their blandest to date IMHO. It looks like a prototype to test out software and the hardware (aesthetically at least) was just slapped together in five minutes as a placeholder. I was hoping for a smaller phone with a Mozart design, with the rough edges that phone may have had ironed out and maybe a 4", but instead we got the Radar/Trophy 1.01...which I find really ugly and has a bad screen. Hoping for more WP7 devices to come from HTC besides these though. The other problem the Titan might have is the camera. HTC is pretty much at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to video capture. The MyTouch 4G slide had a similar specced lens as the ones being touted right now and the video quality (and audio capture) was pretty bad. Hopefully this is a different setup and they have made leaps and bounds on this front in the last couple months. Hopefully the speakers are up to snuff as well on a <10mm phone...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss