Any chance of the Titan coming to T-Mobile?

TheAsbo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using T-Mobile and I would really like a Windows Phone device. I know the Radar will be coming to T-Mobile, but I would prefer to to have the 16GB space of the HTC Titan and the higher clocked processor. Does anyone have any idea if the HTC Titan will be on T-Mobile's network at any point?

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. At least not in the same form. If it did go to T-mobile it would be changed in design aspects or even somewhat in performance aspects from the AT&T version. I have yet to see the same exact phone release on the big four carriers. Even with the GSII, there were differences in screen size and even the T-Mobile version didn't have the same processor. Also, I haven't seen the FCC filing but lately both AT&T and T-Mobile have been releasing phones with extra radio waves to make sure they are compatible with the other because of the merger that has yet to happen. That is most likely your best bet for getting the Titan. OR, you can buy it unlocked a few months from now for a lot of money.

On the bright side, T-Mobile has a long history with Nokia so you can probably get whatever device they release.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
e
Probably not. At least not in the same form. If it did go to T-mobile it would be changed in design aspects or even somewhat in performance aspects from the AT&T version. I have yet to see the same exact phone release on the big four carriers. Even with the GSII, there were differences in screen size and even the T-Mobile version didn't have the same processor. Also, I haven't seen the FCC filing but lately both AT&T and T-Mobile have been releasing phones with extra radio waves to make sure they are compatible with the other because of the merger that has yet to happen. That is most likely your best bet for getting the Titan. OR, you can buy it unlocked a few months from now for a lot of money.

On the bright side, T-Mobile has a long history with Nokia so you can probably get whatever device they release.

Equally bright side, Tmo has a long history with HTC, they're best buds, so you should see good hardware from them.

Ambient85

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm waaay past antsy! I'm WP7less right now, and I'm dying for a new phone. I was about to post a thread to see if anyone has seen any type of release date for this phone!

Haha, totally with you on that. I'm using an Android loaner phone atm since my iPhone 4 died, but I really like Mango and want some WP7 in my life.

Last time I heard, it was supposed to be within a couple of weeks. I think the US is supposed to see it launch before EU, but I don't remember. EU launch is set for, I THINK, October 15th.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That time frame would be great. I actually had a Focus w/Mango, that I smashed up by mistake. I got a Palm Pre Plus as a replacement. After seeing all the new apps, I'm eager to get back in the WP7 saddle. But I don't want old hardware if I'm going to spend money.
Haha, totally with you on that. I'm using an Android loaner phone atm since my iPhone 4 died, but I really like Mango and want some WP7 in my life.

Last time I heard, it was supposed to be within a couple of weeks. I think the US is supposed to see it launch before EU, but I don't remember. EU launch is set for, I THINK, October 15th.

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So, i'm not to sure about things. Both the Titan and the Radar are Quad-band

does this mean that either can get 3G on AT&T and T-Mobile(USA)??

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If it's unlocked, both will work on Edge for both networks, but only the 3G band is for AT&T.

3G bands for AT&T 850/1900MHz
3G bands for Tmobile 1700Mhz

Last edited:

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

HTC made the HD7 for T-Mobile and the HD7s for AT&T. It's always possible they will do something similar here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Unlikely. T-mobile has already announced their one Windows Phone for the holidays. If it ever does get a version of the Titan, it will be 9 months later and no one will be excited.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You can just get the Titan, unlocked, and use it for Edge. I've done this for an Tmobile phone, that I wanted to use on AT&T. I'm around WiFi 90% of the time. A lot of my friends have iPhone on Tmobile, and they don't have any problems.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
HTC made the HD7 for T-Mobile and the HD7s for AT&T. It's always possible they will do something similar here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I was about to say you got me, HOWEVER they are different phones! The HD7 has a TFT display while the HD7S has a SUPER LCD display. There is a pretty big difference! So, my argument that there is yet to be two phones that are exactly the same on multiple carriers has yet to be proven. Lol.

EDIT: So, in that case then T-Mobile may be lucky enough to get an HTC Titan with HTC's first AMOLED screen :D.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99