HTC Titan or Lumia 800?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
LOL That is so ScotRail every day.

Was that a prototype of the new Nokia Ace he had ? :)

That's my mind made up now, no phone until that arrives. ;)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Tired of small screens. I will be getting a Titan no matter what. Unless I pick it up and the diagonals are like NES games which I really really doubt.

Better question. How is macro on the wp7 cameras? Was playing with my brothers 4S today. I was able to zoom in on a restaurant receipt and see the dot matrix of the printer. Seriously. Taking a picture of a number the size of the page number on this site was able to make it about 1.5" tall on the screen. Holding the phone about 3" away.

CommanderElvis

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Wait, how am I a heretic?
Suggesting waiting until February? Unpossible. We of the Holy Church of the Instant Gratification already have acolytes spread out throughout Toronto bribing our way into getting the first ones out in the wild.(Breathe) By Release +3, they're already old news.

Of course you realize we have no life.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Suggesting waiting until February? Unpossible. We of the Holy Church of the Instant Gratification already have acolytes spread out throughout Toronto bribing our way into getting the first ones out in the wild.(Breathe) By Release +3, they're already old news.

Of course you realize we have no life.

I am tired of waiting to be honest. I am the person who ALWAYS has to get the best device and what ends up happening is the second I think I have found a device that I would be happy with I hear rumors of something better and I wait. I have been doing this for about 8 months now. I had an Inspire 4G from AT&T but I ended up giving it to my brother in exchange for his upgrade. I finally want to end it all in December/January and just buy a damn device.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
you Know I am new to this system, since I come from Android, currently on T-mobile, I am waiting for a WP7 device to come to T-mo, but I was wondering if they would add microSD slot, and also wondering how is the performance compared to the T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S2(Which I currently owned), even though I have it rooted and Overclocked to 1.8 ghz, I still experience constant lag, and on the browser Checker Boarding when pinch to zoom too fast. I saw the Radar available, and I liked the Design, but the Internal storage wasnt of my liking, and not expandable storage, I got a microSD of 32gb and definitely want to use it on a Windows phone.

Anyways would appreciate the help in making a decision, thanks in advanced.

FuriousGeorge984

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
You're probably going to be out of luck with the microSD card - none of this generation of Windows Phones supports expandable storage, unfortunately.

I'm surprised that you're having lag issues with your SGSII! I guess that speaks to some of the difficulties of Android.

I don't have any lag issues on my Titan. The only thing that happens is that when I pinch to zoom quickly, sometimes it will take a split second to "focus" the text on the page, but I don't get checker-boarding or any jerkiness.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
is not to be surprised, I have even overclocked the Device up to 1.8 ghz and still some lag is noticeable, so yeah is not a deal breaker, but I want something fluid, also transitions is a big turn off for me, when you switch from vertical view to landscape view the transition is terrible, they need to fix that, now Windows doesnt have that Issue, the memory card is somewhat Important, but as Long as I can get 16gb I can live without it.

CommanderElvis

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I am tired of waiting to be honest. I am the person who ALWAYS has to get the best device and what ends up happening is the second I think I have found a device that I would be happy with I hear rumors of something better and I wait. I have been doing this for about 8 months now. I had an Inspire 4G from AT&T but I ended up giving it to my brother in exchange for his upgrade. I finally want to end it all in December/January and just buy a damn device.
I understand completely. Got an HD7 in Feb., and was coerced back to BlackBerry for work purposes. The coercion stopped with the outage, and I am now looking forward to moving back to a WP7 set (My son won't trade). In truth, the Torch has been adequate and comfortable after being on a Storm, but Running their OS6 when they are working OS7 and QNX IMHO means another hardware upgrade regardless, so time for a change for the better.

CommanderElvis

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
You're probably going to be out of luck with the microSD card - none of this generation of Windows Phones supports expandable storage, unfortunately.

I'm surprised that you're having lag issues with your SGSII! I guess that speaks to some of the difficulties of Android.

I don't have any lag issues on my Titan. The only thing that happens is that when I pinch to zoom quickly, sometimes it will take a split second to "focus" the text on the page, but I don't get checker-boarding or any jerkiness.
With cloud based storage available, do we really need storage cards anymore? Especially with download speeds increasing exponentially as they have?

/Just asking

Last edited:

dawrath

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Data caps and not always in a signal area is enough of a reason to want my stuff on the device.

That being said 80% of my music needs is thru streaming on WiFi at work.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
With cloud based storage available, do we really need storage cards anymore? Especially with download speeds increasing exponentially as they have?

/Just asking

hmm ok Like I said I am really new to this platform, in fact I have never had a windows Phone 7 device to play with, yet I been looking to do the Switch, and now you mention cloud storage, which cloud storage service are there for WP7? can I store movies I have on my sd card? and transfer all my music from google music to this cloud services? or do I need to put them on a different program?

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I think I might wait until CES, or at least until Samsung throw a high end Omnia device at the UK. In all honesty, while I like the current offerings, they all have downsides which really puts me off buying. With the Titan its the size of the screen (and the phone) with the low resolution, the Lumia with the lack of a ffc and sometimes weird-looking pentile screen and the Radar with the 5mp camera and slower processor. If Samsung ever come out with an Omnia version of the Focus S, and its build quality is good, I will get that.

On the other hand, with rumours of apollo and higher specs coming some time next year, it makes me doubt whether it really is the right time to switch. I want wp so badly, but I will hate myself if I buy it, and Microsoft decide to support high-res screens and 1080p video in a few months.

I guess that is one advantage of being an iPhone user. You know when you buy a phone, you are safe for a year before the new model comes out. With android and wp7, its a guessing game.

FuriousGeorge984

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it will be "within a few months". The next update that is supposed to come around for Windows Phone will be to make it more capable on low-end devices, not to expand functionality for high-end devices. I think you're probably safe for at least ~8-9 months until Apollo.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
so waiting until CES to see what might get Tmobile, now the big question is if any WP7 device will get adobe flash player on it. I think I read somewhere it was supposed to be available, yet I have not heard any news recently regarding the update that will enable it, because phones with 1 GHz processor are more than capable of running it, but I am not sure if they are supposed to enable that as an update or just future devices will have it, any opinions on that?

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it will be "within a few months". The next update that is supposed to come around for Windows Phone will be to make it more capable on low-end devices, not to expand functionality for high-end devices. I think you're probably safe for at least ~8-9 months until Apollo.

I think that settles it then. Either the Titan or Lumia for me. Off to have another look this week, then ordering one or the other after. I want to sell my iphone before it loses too much value.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)