From Surround to Titan or wait for CES?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Debating if the change from my HTC Surround to the HTC Titan. I hate the design of the focus S and the Titan looks awesome, just not sure about jumping from 3.8" screen to 4.7" screen, but from reviews and videos it looks well worth it the titan is pure sexy.

The question is if buying a phone now, who thinks that come CES 2012 in january we will regret our decision because of announcements and phones within Q1/Q2?

An example of such an announcment would be the announcement and release of the rumored Nokia Ace.

Any thoughts on if upgrading now from a surround to HTC? and any thoughts on possibility of CES 2012 disappointing early 2nd gen adopters?

FuriousGeorge984

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
As a Titan owner, I can confirm that it is both very big, and pure sexy. I absolutely love holding and using it. I think you should go pick one up, look at it, and feel the size and heft for yourself once it's out in stores, and if you like it, I don't think you should hesitate. From what I can tell, the Titan is spec-wise about as good as this generation of Windows Phones is going to get, so unless a 4.3" screen sounds more appealing than 4.7" (in which case, maybe you wait for the rumored Nokia Ace), I don't think you'll gain much by postponing the purchase unless you're willing to wait for WP8 phones next summer/fall (potentially with dual-core, LTE, etc.)

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, you're thoughts seem to agree with my impulses and as soon as AT&T releases the phone I will probably use my upgrade. Between my whole family i bet I have another upgrade coming by the time apollo is out anyway. I want to live in the now, abiding by my contract can be painful.

Good point though, probably won't get better than titan specs so I am gonna do it. I'm going to the NYC concert event on tuesday and they will have all the phones there to try out completely so if the titan doesn't seem too big i'm all in. HTC rocks!

Any word on HSPA+ on AT&T Titan?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know it is speculated to have it in USA, but alot of the european owners currently seem to have 3g. Not sure if that is just a difference in continent though.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Debating if the change from my HTC Surround to the HTC Titan. I hate the design of the focus S and the Titan looks awesome, just not sure about jumping from 3.8" screen to 4.7" screen, but from reviews and videos it looks well worth it the titan is pure sexy.

The question is if buying a phone now, who thinks that come CES 2012 in january we will regret our decision because of announcements and phones within Q1/Q2?

An example of such an announcment would be the announcement and release of the rumored Nokia Ace.

Any thoughts on if upgrading now from a surround to HTC? and any thoughts on possibility of CES 2012 disappointing early 2nd gen adopters?

Trust me...you will almost always regret your decision no matter what. Whether you wait or not wait, it's always a regret when you are a phone enthusiast ;). If the Titan suits your needs, then get it. The things at CES usually aren't seen til later next year. There are some cases in which what you see will come out within a month after being seen at the show (i.e. HTC Inspire, Motorola Atrix).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon