Will HTC Titan on AT&T have 4g (HSPA+)?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I am in the NYC area if that matters, not sure if it is available everywhere.

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just watched the Titan hands on video and there was a H in the top left corner of the screen. That's AT&T's indication for non LTE "4G". It actually means HSPA+ which is definitely faster than 3G but not quite LTE speeds. AT&T only just today launched their first LTE phones and sadly those are Android phones.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

I am in the NYC area if that matters, not sure if it is available everywhere.
The Titan will "theoretically" bring 4G speeds with HSPA+. NYC does have HSPA+, but currently does not have LTE. AT&T stated that they were bringing LTE to NYC in the near future, but wouldn't effect Windows Phone users as no current device (including the Titan) will be capable of running on LTE.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Here is what you really need to know: Yes the Titan will have 4G as in HSPA+, and no it doesn't really matter if you have LTE or not. The truth of the matter is LTE will be offered in such a limited market right now that it won't really be "widely available" until your 2 year contract is up and you're ready to get your next phone. AT&T's HSPA+ network a year from now is going to look like their 3G map now, basically it's going to cover more areas. Also, the trade-off with LTE is poor battery life.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I do not want LTE. Sucks on battery and requires a bump to the device. That is why apple also did not add LTE to the iPhone. It kills form factors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99