Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By danygandhi

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I see that HTC Titan has only 512MB RAM just like the 1st gen devices, only Samsung Focus S of 2nd generation has 1GB RAM. This makes me wonder whether devices with 512MB RAM will be able to handle WP8 .

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    The Focus S also only has 512MB of RAM. I haven't seen any mention of RAM requirements for Apollo yet, so the point may be moot. The iPhone 4S also only has 512MB, and it's no slouch. Savvy programming trumps specs any day of the week.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    We still don't know definatively whether there is actually 512MB or 1GB of RAM inside.

But most likely 512MB.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danygandhi View Post
    I see that HTC Titan has only 512MB RAM just like the 1st gen devices, only Samsung Focus S of 2nd generation has 1GB RAM. This makes me wonder whether devices with 512MB RAM will be able to handle WP8 .
    I would think it would be enough to run Windows 8. Windows 8 is really the same metro UI just different form than WP7. It is too early to tell but I wouldn't be that worried. The thing I guess to be worried about would be whether it's enough to run any applications that are developed for WP8. Did you buy the phone off contract?

Global Posts
    4,016 Global Posts
    Some were saying they were told the Focus may have 1GB. If that is true, it could be WP7.5 only recognized 512MB of it, or there about. IF that were true (big if) maybe we should investigate the Titan too. Maybe it has 1GB.

I guess we just need to know if the Focus really has 1GB or not. Someone even said Samsung was saying it was 1GB.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Have they not released the specs? I thought all that stuff had to go through the FCC.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalb View Post
    Have they not released the specs? I thought all that stuff had to go through the FCC.
    just the wireless info, frequencies utilized, etc.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorLonghorn View Post
    The Focus S also only has 512MB of RAM. I haven't seen any mention of RAM requirements for Apollo yet, so the point may be moot. The iPhone 4S also only has 512MB, and it's no slouch. Savvy programming trumps specs any day of the week.
    Paul Thurrott has been using the phone for a while and he says the phone has 1GB of RAM

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...g-focus-141245
    Ron Paul likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    The HD7 and Mozart iirc have 576 and the OS recognizes all of it, so I don't think the OS just doesn't recognize it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk