Update Errors

VividBlue

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, been really impressed by the Titan and Windows Phone so far but having problems updating my phone.

I have an HTC Titan and Zune is saying there's an HTC Update for Windows Phone available, but when I try to install the update fails just after Step 7 of 10, just after the phone restarts. When it fails it says it's on Step 2 of 2 (Completing Updates) and then says Update Error and gives the error codes 80070002 or 801812DC.

I've followed the troubleshooting walkthrough and all it tells me is to check that the USB cable that came with the phone is being used, which it is. I have also plugged the cable into other ports at the back of my PC. Does anybody know of a fix?

Windows Phone 7.5 (7.10.7720.68)

Zune 4.8.2345.0

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit

VividBlue

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Well if anyone is interested I got the update installed eventually, but I had to factory reset the phone. Unfortunately I lost all my text messages. Does Zune actually back them up?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I updated my Dell Venue Pro and it failed the first time. It restored the phone to the original 7.0 version, right after which I tried it again and it worked. The update process is just glitchy I guess.

Tezler

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys noticed any weird behaviour since updating? My clock and date was all out so text messages coming in then were dated well in the future. Now corrected messages are coming in mid thread which is very annoying!! Mine is a HTC radar!

VividBlue

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys noticed any weird behaviour since updating? My clock and date was all out so text messages coming in then were dated well in the future. Now corrected messages are coming in mid thread which is very annoying!! Mine is a HTC radar!
No mine's been fine since the update. Have heard of others having the same problem though

jeff4L

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well if anyone is interested I got the update installed eventually, but I had to factory reset the phone. Unfortunately I lost all my text messages. Does Zune actually back them up?

I don't think so, but you can your try loading the back up just to be sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs