Titan Problems

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I managed to score a Titan at one of the WP Insider parties, won the last one. I've been having some problems and I want to see if I'm the only one.

1)The Phone keeps forgetting email accounts. i've had to fact wipe it twice because it forgot my live ID and would not take it again.

2)The first time I tried to load it up with music it glitched like crazy, after fact wipe it was working fine, and I added all my music a little bit at a time.

3)Now it's telling me that it can't confirm my Zune pass (which I don't have, these are MY songs) and it won't play. I turned off Smart DJ but that didn't help, the only thing that seems to work is deleting my music off again and reloading it.

WTF? My Focus ran like a champ but this Titian is giving me guff. Other than this it has been fine.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
re points 1 & 2 I have never had these issues having had my phone since day 1 of UK launch.
I put all my details in on 1st boot and loaded it with music and videos a couple of hours later and have never had any issues.

Re point 3 - I do not use Smart DJ so can't comment on this.

VividBlue

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you've got a bad one. Was any of your music ripped/purchased with DRM protection? Maybe that could explain the Zune Pass message

My problem is the phone just won't update to the latest software version - has yours any problems there?

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
My problem is the phone just won't update to the latest software version - has yours any problems there?

I tried to get the update too, but it says that mine is already up to date, I think the update might only apply to Euro versions, ATT might not have pushed it out.

The phone ran fine all day but the memory problem did not fix so I reset it AGAIN! Never had any issues with my 3 Focuses, Surround, or Quantum (I picked up used ones to try them all out.)

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I went into my local ATT store and they gave me the run around and they didn't have any in stock. I'm going to get in tough with my ATT rep in the morning and find a store that does have them.

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Update: well I made through the whole day with out issue, so I tried to load on some more music and the phone vlitched out again. Now I can't even get it to boot. >.<b

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
At first I was going to say it sounds like connectivity problems with the ATT network. But yeah... sounds like you got a bum phone... that sucks.

pocketDragon

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I would shoot an email to Ben the PC guy @ Microsoft, I believe he was running some of these events, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction for replacing a give-away phone.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You got it free and I thought I read they were not ATT branded phones and some people were mentioning they seem british. I would take it back and exchange it when titans finally actually arrive at the store. They should have no problem exchanging it.

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Mine was a brand new ATT Titan in the box, but when I went into the ATT store the rep told me they couldn't do the exchange with out a receipt. I think he was full of it, but I haven't had a chance to check with other stores.

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
UPdate: Turns out that the ATT guy was right, I can't exchange under the warranty until after 30 days. Unfortunately the phone just came out so this is a bust. Will try my luck with other avenues.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I hate the bureaucratic BS of companies sometimes. Its a warranty problem but you cant because its still too new? Or they want to wait till the exchange window is closed before switching it out.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well it happened to me today. A dead pixel towards the bottom of the screen above the home button. Grrr

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Well it happened to me today. A dead pixel towards the bottom of the screen above the home button. Grrr

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

What color is the dead pixel? Black = dead pixel, Any other color = stuck pixel, which you maybe able to fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos