Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

When I use the Zune client to transcode 720p MP4 videos onto my new HTC Titan, the video playback is stuttery. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Burned DVD content plays back beautifully, but all my 720p videos feature a noticeable judder.

I really hope this is something that can be fixed via firmware, because I adore this phone and I was hoping it would become the all-in-one device I have long searched for. I commute 2hours by bus every day, and I like to watch movies as I travel. I'm tired of carrying a phone & a tablet, and the Titan promises to be the one device to rule them all.

With Windows Phone locked to a single video player, there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it, other than stay away from 720p content. One of the things I still love about Android is that even if the phone doesn't support a file type or resolution, I can always find an alternative player in the market that will.

No such luck on Windows Phone. Should I have held out for the Sensation XL? No dammit, I love this OS too much to go back, so hopefully a solution presents itself. Or can someone out there recommend a course of action?

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    It's not just video. My games are stuttering badly as well. Man I hope its not the phone. I find out the Focus S is fine I will be pissed.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Well, that sucks!!! I just ordered mine for a penny and couldn't be more excited!!!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I just ordered mine so when I get it, I'll pay attention and see if I have this problem. I hope I don't!!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    FOUND THE SOLUTION! Disable SRS Sound Enhancement in the Sound settings on the phone! Everything back to being silky smooth! Might help the OP too.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
    FOUND THE SOLUTION! Disable SRS Sound Enhancement in the Sound settings on the phone! Everything back to being silky smooth! Might help the OP too.
    That's good news indeed!!!

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    tag
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
    So sound has to be sacrificed for the video to play well? Or did you not even notice any degradation to the sound quality?

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    Hopefully an official fix comes soon. I'm about to order one now so I'm hoping it will be a semi-flawless two years. Skipping video is a bad way to start. I will try what ElektroDragon said once the phone arrives.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    Hopefully an official fix comes soon. I'm about to order one now so I'm hoping it will be a semi-flawless two years. Skipping video is a bad way to start. I will try what ElektroDragon said once the phone arrives.
    I placed my order for the Titan and Focus S... if both go through, I'll keep both. If not, I'm thinking the Titan may be the way to go... not sure yet. The screen size doesn't do anything for me. The camera and screen responsiveness/accuracy are all that matter to me. I've recently been taking lots of pictures and want the best of the two.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Does the Focus S even have sound enhancements? Based on comments I've seen, the Titan has noticeably better audio quality.

Quote Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
    Does the Focus S even have sound enhancements? Based on comments I've seen, the Titan has noticeably better audio quality.
    The Focus S has no options for sound enhancement. The audio on the Focus S is very flat (both loudspeaker and with headphones in). The original Focus sounds better than the Focus S.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    So sound has to be sacrificed for the video to play well? Or did you not even notice any degradation to the sound quality?
    Well, the sound still sounds fine. SRS just makes the sound... larger? Louder? Hard to describe, it's basically an add-on sound effect kind of like Dolby effects you can put on stereo. But I think it uses a lot of CPU time and makes games and probably videos stutter. You can disable for music (affects games) and video indepedently.

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    The Focus S has a much bigger problem with sound. On the Focus S, you get feedback popping noises when using anything powered (i.e. car stereo, desktop speakers, etc.).

I'm currently looking for this "SRS Sound Enhancement" to see if it's on my HD7; I also get stuttering videos, but it's only HD video through Super Tube (not sure if it's app related).
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"