Starting to rethink my decision to not buy the Titan

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Originally I told myself that 4.7 was too big and that I'd much rather have a smaller screen. Something between 3.7 - 4 inches would be perfect. In fact, I was pretty dead set on getting the Lumia when it hit the states. Part because the phone looks great and I want to support Nokia.

However... I just had my first full week in my new position at work and it seems as though I'm going to be reading/writing/editing a lot of Microsoft Word documents. I would like to have them available on my phone but the idea of the 3.7 inch Lumia doesn't seem appealing for Word files. Now I'm giving the Titan another hard look.

Has anyone gotten a chance to try out Office on the Titan?

Does anyone know if I'll get more lines per paragraph vs a smaller screen or does the bigger font negate the larger screen?

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Originally I told myself that 4.7 was too big and that I'd much rather have a smaller screen. Something between 3.7 - 4 inches would be perfect. In fact, I was pretty dead set on getting the Lumia when it hit the states. Part because the phone looks great and I want to support Nokia.

However... I just had my first full week in my new position at work and it seems as though I'm going to be reading/writing/editing a lot of Microsoft Word documents. I would like to have them available on my phone but the idea of the 3.7 inch Lumia doesn't seem appealing for Word files. Now I'm giving the Titan another hard look.

Has anyone gotten a chance to try out Office on the Titan?

Does anyone know if I'll get more lines per paragraph vs a smaller screen or does the bigger font negate the larger screen?
The 4.7 inch screen is awesome. The phone does not feel big in your hand at all. The Titan is actually thinner than the iPhone. That being said you will not get more lines per paragraph or more cells on screen in Excel because like you stated the resolution does negate the extra real estate. You will however have a MUCH easier time using Office on a 4.7 inch screen over a 3.7 inch screen because things are bigger on the Titan. I work with Excel a lot at my job and using it on the Titan is a breeze. If u r going to use Office a lot I do recommend that u get the Titan. The phone is awesome.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I will definitely try and check it out later today. If I like it enough I'll grab it from AT&T for a penny!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Me a couple of months ago:
cerealguyblackssmall.jpg

"4.7 inches is way too big for a phone! 3.5 inches is just fine."

Me after playing with Titan at AT&T:
condescendinglaugh.jpg

"3.5 inches big enough? That's not even big enough for my girlfriend."

After trying the Titan for myself I gotta admit it's a one well designed device. It's 4.7 inches but physically only a hair bigger than the Focus S. An incredibly well designed body and the best SLCD screen I've seen yet.

After leaving AT&T I went shopping. I pulled my Focus out of my pocket and the first thing I thought was, "This ain't no Titan." :(

Come tomorrow I'm definitely going to pick one up for a penny.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss