Titan on the way!! and a ?

s0uldrift3r

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

after trying out a sammy focus, i fell in love with wp7. Im an iphone user and have used many diff android phones made and altered roms n themes for the os but got tired of having to modify a phone just to get it to run smooth. so i got an iphone 3g/3gs/4. Also played around with a palm pre/plus loved the webos but well battery life was not so good. so then came the focus, only problem i had with the phone was charge time took forever!! I went back to my iP4 and never forgot wp7!

Picked up a sammy focus flash and loved the phone, battery life was very good and charge time better, but headphone quality while listening to mp3/streaming music was well bad!

So now comes the titan, Im looking forward to it getting here, but i have one kinda stupid question?

Im looking for a screen protector for the titan, will the European screen protectors fit the att version? not sure if there was any little changes that would make it not fit a 100% ( you never know right?) again probably stupid, but i figure better be safe than sorry, My ocd must have a screen protector :cool:

Thanks Guys and btw love the site and the podcast!!

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Im looking for a screen protector for the titan, will the European screen protectors fit the att version? not sure if there was any little changes that would make it not fit a 100% ( you never know right?) again probably stupid, but i figure better be safe than sorry, My ocd must have a screen protector :cool:

Thanks Guys and btw love the site and the podcast!!

Don't know about the European protectors. They probably will but why not get one that's definitely made to fit? Zagg has their invisibleSHIELD skins on sale for 50% off come Monday. Those are one of the best you can get and they have a lifetime warranty on them.

s0uldrift3r

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about the European protectors. They probably will but why not get one that's definitely made to fit? Zagg has their invisibleSHIELD skins on sale for 50% off come Monday. Those are one of the best you can get and they have a lifetime warranty on them.

is it a wet apply or dry ? and thanks for the reply!!

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
is it a wet apply or dry ? and thanks for the reply!!

Wet. See here:
ZAGG | Installation Help Center

If you have a Best Buy or a Best Buy Mobile in your area you may be able to get them to do it for a few bucks since they also sell them there too. It wasn't terribly hard. The corners are the worst but the Titan shouldn't be as bad as my Tilt 2 was. It installed much better than the cheap protector my wife got for her 4s.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Really thinking I'll invest in one, just have to find someone to put it on for me. Do you suggest getting both the front and the back protectors? Or just the front? My issue with the back one would be if you have to take the battery out for any reason. Probably will just go with the front one.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Really thinking I'll invest in one, just have to find someone to put it on for me. Do you suggest getting both the front and the back protectors? Or just the front? My issue with the back one would be if you have to take the battery out for any reason. Probably will just go with the front one.

Well the Titan back is one solid piece so I'm not even sure why the back ZAGG is split like that. The back actually encases the screen/insides. It's really nice like that lol.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Well the Titan back is one solid piece so I'm not even sure why the back ZAGG is split like that. The back actually encases the screen/insides. It's really nice like that lol.

Oh yeah. I'm such a dunce sometimes. I know that... Lol was thinking of my Arrive.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Oh yeah. I'm such a dunce sometimes. I know that... Lol was thinking of my Arrive.

Lol well now that I have a Titan and an HD7 I forget sometimes that the whole back doesn't come off the HD7 lol

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

I'd probably get both if you're going to pay someone to install it for you anyways. If you put it in your pocket directly you might have a problem with some of the little pieces eventually coming loose. It's less likely if you let it cure for the higher side of the 12-24 hour window. The skin is slightly rubbery and will help with grip on the phone if you get the full body.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd probably get both if you're going to pay someone to install it for you anyways. If you put it in your pocket directly you might have a problem with some of the little pieces eventually coming loose. It's less likely if you let it cure for the higher side of the 12-24 hour window. The skin is slightly rubbery and will help with grip on the phone if you get the full body.

This is the part I don't like! I already have to wait to get my phone delivered here... do I really want to go 12 to 24 hours more without using it? I don't know... :confused:

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This is the part I don't like! I already have to wait to get my phone delivered here... do I really want to go 12 to 24 hours more without using it? I don't know... :confused:

Do it in the evening. That way you'll sleep through most of it if you're only doing it overnight.

asac12

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I really don't want a case that will add extra size to the already large Titan. I've used Zagg products before and seems like the best solution to protect the phone's body without adding bulk. Now I just need to find a screen protector that doesn't have the rubbery feel and dimpled look that Zagg has.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I really don't want a case that will add extra size to the already large Titan. I've used Zagg products before and seems like the best solution to protect the phone's body without adding bulk. Now I just need to find a screen protector that doesn't have the rubbery feel and dimpled look that Zagg has.
Does it really make the screen feel rubbery and look dimpled??

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Yes it does... it looks like orange peel! it feels too rubbery and not smooth at all. However, it does protect your screen very well. I can testify to this as I have used Zagg on all my precious electronics (to include my Macbook) and they do protect the equipment very well.

asac12

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I've applied Zagg's on 2 Sony point and shoot screens, and they were awesome! As a screen protector though, they're a little too tacky for the Titan's size. I'm going to apply Zagg on the body, but looking for a crystal clear screen protector to go with it.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Yes it does... it looks like orange peel! it feels too rubbery and not smooth at all. However, it does protect your screen very well. I can testify to this as I have used Zagg on all my precious electronics (to include my Macbook) and they do protect the equipment very well.

Yeah, I hate any of these types of wet shields on my phones. It screws up the screen & gives it a "tacky" feel. Not the "smooth as glass" feel that you really want. Plus, sometimes there's bubbles that refuse to come out & it often times gives the screen a rainbow effect (little tiny sparkles all over the screen).

But I love the tackiness feeling that it gives the sides & back. What I do is get one of the other types of screen protectors separately (the kind that are dry & go on using static cling). THose are MUCH better & retain the smoothness of the glass. You can find these cheap on ebay right now for like a couple bucks. Then I get the full body Invisible Shield & only apply it to the back & sides. Best of both world & it really doesn't cost much extra at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3