• Screen Is Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Preferred Amoled

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have not noticed any hiss sound. I returned the Focus S because of sound feedback issues. If they were present on my Titan I think I would have noticed. Can you be more specific about where and when this happens?

I have not encountered the Bing issue either but I usually do not interact with Bing while using my phone for music playback.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
hiss sound happens when zune changes music,I think.is yours international version?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
You're making want to go try it out and buyit and and I am wanting to waity and see the Lumia 900 before I buy!

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
As the Screen Bleed Or .... thread is closed,I,m gonna ask It here,
Is it even a problem or just one faulty device?
That thread should't be closed,'cause what ever the question is we should be able to discuss It no matter what It is.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
As the Screen Bleed Or .... thread is closed,I,m gonna ask It here,
Is it even a problem or just one faulty device?
That thread should't be closed,'cause what ever the question is we should be able to discuss It no matter what It is.

it was closed because a few members were arguing over exact wording or something.

Is it a problem? No. Because you have to press your screen far harder than any use would require (or even be logical), in order for the "issue" to crop up. That, and any TN/*VA panel is going to deform like that under pressure. It's natural. Only IPS panels are immune to this, and I'm unsure about Plasma. AMOLED is also immune to this. However, Plasma and AMOLED are not LCD technology. IPS is not used in many phones due to opacity and relative thickness of panel (not to mention price of making the many layered panel). AMOLED is limited in supply. Plasma is a power hog in the truest sense (also hase similar color longevity/burn in issues that AMOLED has).

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That would be awesome...and it's where we are going...the holy grail...all in one communication/entertainment device. Is it just me...or do I hear angels singing?

I hear the angels... I'm with ya brow. Its time now if they could only make it with a folding screen

DrKofi

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I love the TITAN's screen and I can't really see that big of a difference between the Focus S's screen and this one. I chose the TITAN more cause of the build honestly. I like the feeling and how more solid it is compared to the Focus S. Also, I like how my headphones sound louder with the TITAN than with my Focus. I also noticed how every Focus S I saw in AT&T stores had the back cover broken cause of the pressure the display was doing on it. It was just too flimsy I guess.

I have noticed the hissing when I skip tracks but it's not that big of a deal for me. I barely notice it unless I really try to pay attention.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Finally got to vote!

I love the screen. I'm trying to see the unpure blacks, but I can't, which is funny cus the background is black. Anyways, I love it! Nothing that I don't like about it!

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't hit me but you can see them if you look at it sideways and down or sideways and up. Basically diagonally. Doesn't bother me, though.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally got to vote!

I love the screen. I'm trying to see the unpure blacks, but I can't, which is funny cus the background is black. Anyways, I love it! Nothing that I don't like about it!

haha, you have't seen AMOLED side by side with this, then :p But honestly, it's a moot point to care about, IMO.

Dude... you want a tablet with phone capabilities. :lol::p

This phone has replaced my ASUS Transformer TF101 for all intents and purposes. Netflix, youtube, some office, web browsing - the former responsibilities of the TF101. I just keep it around to update the software (I somehow am happy inside to see the market updates rolling in :straight: :(). I think 4.7" was just enough for me to accept as a real media device. Also have a now useless Nook Color (though that sucker was useless the moment I got my TF101).

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
haha, you have't seen AMOLED side by side with this, then :p But honestly, it's a moot point to care about, IMO.

I held the Focus S next to the Titan at an AT&T store right after the Titan came out. I didn't notice a difference in the blacks. Odd. Lol, I was more concerned about whites since I'd heard negatives about the whites on AMOLED.

And yeah, I tried looking for the discoloration on the blacks by looking at it diagonally and all that, and didn't notice anything. Guess I'm just lucky to not have eyes that notice such things. :p

daylater

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I REALLY thought i was going to miss the S-Amoled screen on my focus, but I don't!

My girlfriend has a Galaxy S II and although the blacks are definitely better, I prefer everything else about my new titan!
I always thought the focus' screen was too saturated, changing themes was like altering the hue of the sun... almost painful.

Still hate the power button though... grumble.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm also pleased to say I don't miss the Super Amoled screen on my Omnia 7.

This was my main concern as I absolutely loved it.

The blacks on the Titan's SLCD screen are absolutely fine, only time you can 'see' the black is if you tilt the phone to the side.

I'm absolutely loving the big screen for my old eyes, much better for me for sure.

As I said previously I have fallen in love with WP all over again with my Titan.

Happy Days!

Thank You HTC for my new monster. :D

PS: There has to be an anti smear coating on its screen, i don't have to clean it like I had to clean my Omnia.

And as far as I know, I do have the same fingers that I used on the Omnia. :D

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Now that you mention it, I haven't once tried to wipe mine off yet, and I've had it for over 2 weeks now. I also have kinda moist hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb