Bug when listening to music then pressing bing search button.

Shane

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
It appears that I have discovered a bug. That is of course if someone else has the same issue. Basically when I am listening to music and push the Bing search button (capacitive button) on my Titan. The audio converts to what seems to me as a mono non-stereo sound. Once I complete the search and have been take to the results page the audio returns to normal. Also hitting the back button out of the search returns the audio to normal. This happens with and without headphones. Anyone else?

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it's a bug. Noticed it the first day I got my phone. Not a big deal to me, but I think they need some new quality control testers. I have found several other bugs I haven't seen anyone list as well. Better that you guys don't know about them I think ;), for your own sake.

fkiehner

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Same bug here.
Noticed it with any app that may use the microphone input. Not sure if that is a coincidence or not.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
It happened when I had the Surround. I always thought it was because the Surround used the rear pop up speakers for music and video and would switch to the front speaker and mic for voice command.

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I noticed it as one of the first things after the Mango update. HD7.

Also the bing music search can't hear the music when the headphones are plugged in. That surprised me considering Shazam did hear it.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
It does it on my Arrive too, but you hit the back button to get out of bing search and your audio returns to normal.

Thamuz

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My TITAN has this problem as well (International version with the latest updates installed). Most of the time I hit the start button, go to internet explorer and type in my search in the adress bar.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity and not real hands on... This could tone down the volume of the music due to the fact of the Bing search might be because of voice search. So when you do a voice search it wont play the music, the device doesn't automatically know if you're going to type it or use voice, so it might just tone down the music so it doesn't end up in the voice search. Just my take on it.

muvvas

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
even i had this problem on my htc hd7 mango
if i press the search button while listening to music...a small pause was happend and music becomes mono...
when i exit from bing ,again a pause and stero sound
submited in htc service center..changed the motherboard ..not resolved the issue :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750