Gizmodo reviews the Titan

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
One of his dislikes, "...You'll find yourself charging the thing daily with regular use...." Who doesn't charge their phone daily? :D

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree, their dislikes are weird. My battery life has been great for a smartphone and the camera is damn good. It might not be the best of the best, but it is very good for a smartphone.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree, their dislikes are weird. My battery life has been great for a smartphone and the camera is damn good. It might not be the best of the best, but it is very good for a smartphone.

Yeah, my Titan battery seems to beat my old Focus to death. Its still going after its very first charge about 30 hours ago (through an entire day of using it A LOT).

I honestly think they were just nitpicking really. They do that with pretty much every device & have to fill in their "no like" section with something I guess. But I'd hardly call the Titan's battery & camera a negative. Are they the best in any cell phone ever?? Probably not. But still pretty damn good in my book.

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
That was such a biased review. They had concerns about the photos... really??? My Titan takes pretty damn good photos! And the battery life on this is amazing!

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I discovered the panorama setting this evening...wow! And if course the only person around to show it to was my wife, who was minimally impressed with my latest gadget's coolness (as expected)...

Critics can bash all they like, but the Titan's camera definitely beats the camera on this holiday season's other hottest new toy, the Kindle Fire...:p

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the camera isn't bad and the battery life is pretty darn amazing for a phone of this caliber. I switched from an iphone (whose camera I admittedly miss) and I am more than happy with my decision. Very happy with it.

I just wish MS would make their own phone. The zune was super sexy (even though I never had one) and something all metal with awesome materials would be my goto choice. My only problems with the titan are little things with the craftmanship, like the gap between the glass and bezel accumulating grime, or the pinhole sized mic that shoulda been bigger etc.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My only problems with the titan are little things with the craftmanship, like the gap between the glass and bezel accumulating grime, or the pinhole sized mic that shoulda been bigger etc.

Those two issues irritate me as well and I feel both should have been discovered and fixed by HTC during their testing of the prototype.

I love the Titan and I am glad to see Gizmodo give a mostly positive review!! If AT&T would actually do their job and show people the new crop of Windows Phones, especially the Titan, I know we would have a lot of converts. I came from an iPhone 4 and have never looked back!!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think the little gap might be there for some sort of shock absorption if dropped. There's a little flex to it if you press on the corner of the glass.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't get why people are worried about dust collecting between the bezel and the glass. They completely separate, which means it will be very easy to keep clean. This is one of the things I like about the Titan, the beauty of how it comes apart is brilliant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon