Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Hows your WIFI signal on your Titan

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not as good as it should be

41 52.56%
  • As good as it should be

37 47.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Some are saying that they are having issues with poor WIFI reception. Im taking a poll. This is not concerning the sleep disconnect issue/ feature. My question is in regards to WIFI signal is your WIFI signal weaker than expected or about what you expect it should be.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    WiFi has been rock solid so far. Can't say the same for 4G though :'(
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Way weaker than expected. Nowhere near the range of my Focus.

No issues for me. Besides the disappearing keyboard, I think this phone is perfect.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    WiFi great here. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

I have issues with the Titan not connecting to my wifi, the Optimus 7 didn't have this issue.

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    My wi-fi is blazing fast - up to 18 mbps. Cellular data, however, hovers around 1.0. We are still 3G service area no 4G yet, so i can only hope that will ultimately improve.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    And to clarify, speed isn't the issue, it's range. Standing in the exact same spot my Focus can get 4 bars and the Titan will only get 2 bars.

Edit:

I will also like to add time it takes to connect. My Focus will connect to my router before I can slide the unlock screen up. I've seen the Titan take nearly 10 seconds.
    Last edited by HeyCori; 12-11-2011 at 01:12 AM.

While my signal strength isn't an issue, I've noticed one main problem in that my Titan takes a while to connect to a known network.

I'll force it a few times and it'll keep saying it can't connect. And then after a minute or two it does it itself. However, other times I guess it just assumes it can't connect and won't try again until I force it.

It is quite annoying.

I'm definitely having this issue. My office is in the corner of my workplace so signal is not super-strong. While my colleagues with iphones have no issues with wifi signal, I am constantly dropping. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by myanimator View Post
    While my signal strength isn't an issue, I've noticed one main problem in that my Titan takes a while to connect to a known network.

I'll force it a few times and it'll keep saying it can't connect. And then after a minute or two it does it itself. However, other times I guess it just assumes it can't connect and won't try again until I force it.

It is quite annoying.
    Yes, I get this issue too.
    I am on Tmobile and have a different device for cellular, however I use my Titan to develop apps with and rely heavily on the wifi. I have not noticed any issues with the wifi yet.

Added:
    Looking at the forum posts so far it seems that mostly people in the US are having issues. Is this really AT&T throttling?

My Titan will connect to networks on WiFi, but there is no internet access. I have to disable WiFi and re-enable it to get access. This is totally a software bug, in my opinion.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I came from the Focus and have not noticed any differences, I will do some side by side comparisons when I get home tonight but if there is a difference I haven't noticed it in the month I have been using the Titan.
    Here is a side by side wifi test i just ran with my titan and my laptop. the result on the bottom right is my laptop's

No speed problems that I can notice, actually seems faster than my focus. But when my wife browses the internet on TITAN she says she get 'page not found' and streaming music just stops. I think it might be dropping the wifi. While some of the problem could be our home wifi, I've never had any problems with my focus. I tried her phone for a few days it always worked fine for me, so I guess I'm split on this.

My WiFi works just fine, it connects to known networks quickly and without issue. My wife has not had any problems either. Its hard to imagine this device being any better actually. Well built, fast, and ergonomically comfortable. 10 out of 10!

The WiFi and Data running at the same time cause the Titian WiFi to not work very well if at all. As soon as I shutdown the data connection the WiFi is just fine. It's as if the route out can't find the way back. If there is no WiFi single and I have both turned on then the data signal works just fine. Connect to a WiFi single and everything slows or completely stops. Tune of the Data and WiFi runs just fine.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have an issue with wifi taking a while to connect? On my Focus wifi connects the second I hit the power button. It varies on my Titan. Sometimes it's instant. Other times it takes like 5-10 seconds.

My main issue is the death grip. It's kinda odd though. At my friends house if I hold my titan it chokes the WiFi connection and it struggles to play a video, download an app or load a web page. At home I have no death grip issue with my WiFi. It's very strange. Anyone know why that would be the case ? Maybe two different WiFi set ups?

Another weird thing is my titan will only pick up one signal from my dual band router. My old focus s would pick up both. That is 2.4 and 5Ghz. The Titan would only get a signal from the 2.4. Anyone know why ?

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

I have not had any issues with my WiFi I would try doing a reset on your phone it solved several strange problems I was having with my device. If you do decide to do a reset try and add apps and other configuration changes a little at a time so you can tell if maybe it is something you are adding that it doesn't like.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by thomasw80 View Post
    The WiFi and Data running at the same time cause the Titian WiFi to not work very well if at all. As soon as I shutdown the data connection the WiFi is just fine. It's as if the route out can't find the way back. If there is no WiFi single and I have both turned on then the data signal works just fine. Connect to a WiFi single and everything slows or completely stops. Tune of the Data and WiFi runs just fine.
    I have the exact same problem and no other issue. WiFi range is a bit weak though, in that I can't find neighbourhood networks that my computers can, but it connects to anything in decent range.

I do not have experience with 4G, because we mainly use 3G in Europa. My HTC Titan is working fine. Although I recently did an update for the phone, I did not notice a difference in performance. I do notice that WiFi is sometimes buggy when using wifi connection for a while. After a restart or a reboot of the WiFi all is well again. I can live with that. I think the reason for this is the fact that the unibody is the antenna. Its signal is connected through pins in de corners of the phone. The risk of this construction is that the signal connection could sometimes be lost to less contact of the pins with the body. I picked up this explanation from a YouTube video by Steve Litchfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    Does anyone else have an issue with wifi taking a while to connect? On my Focus wifi connects the second I hit the power button. It varies on my Titan. Sometimes it's instant. Other times it takes like 5-10 seconds.
    Yes, sometimes it seems like it was already on, sometimes it has to reconnect, sometimes it doesn't reconnect at all. I think this is a Titan issue.

Wifi on my Titan has been terrible. Range is bad, and I get the bug where I need to disconnect it from wifi to get my internet connection.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast